Police Beat

A woman was booked into Pima County Jail April 8 after police pulled over the car she was in at North Campbell Avenue and East Sixth Street and discovered that she had five warrants and a fake license plate, reports stated.

Police pulled the car over around noon after seeing that the registration on the license plate was wrong.

The man driving the car told police he did not have a license, insurance or registration information on him.

Police ran a records check on the man and the woman and saw the woman had five warrants out for her arrest.

The woman told police the vehicle was hers and said her aunt had left it to her. She said the wrong license plate must have been put on the car by a neighbor who took it to the mechanic.

When police asked the woman if she knew the license plate was wrong, she said she had suspected it was.

The woman was arrested on the five warrants and for displaying a fake license plate.

The man was cited for not having his license, insurance or registration information, reports stated.

A UA employee’s black purse was stolen from her office the afternoon of April 10 after she left her office door unlocked in the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building, 1118 E. Fourth St., reports stated.

The employee told police she had left the purse in her office around 2 p.m. She said she left the office door open and came back around 5 p.m. to find the purse gone.

The employee said her office was across the hall from a busy computer lab.

She said several credit cards and her phone, license and house keys had been in the purse.

Police told the employee to cancel her credit cards and to re-key her house.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A bathroom drain in La Paz Residence Hall, 602 N. Highland Ave., was clogged with foam sometime between the night of April 7 and the morning of April 8, reports stated.

When police arrived, a resident assistant said the damage was done between 10 p.m. April 7 and 7:30 a.m. April 8.

A student said she went to the bathroom on her floor and noticed water was dripping from the ceiling. She said she told the RAs, who discovered the bathroom above was completely flooded.

Someone had clogged the drain with foam and had left the shower on. There was water damage to the floor and to the ceiling below the bathroom that had been clogged.

The Hall Director said a similar incident had happened one week ago.

Two students were referred to the Dean of Students Office April 8 after police found marijuana in their room in La Paz, reports stated.

Police were investigating a drain clog and were in the common room when one of the students walked out of his dorm room and into the hall.

Police smelled marijuana coming from the room. When the student saw police, he immediately closed the door.

The student soon went back to his room and when he opened the door, police smelled marijuana again.

Police knocked on the students’ door and asked to search the room. The students said police could.

Police noticed the windows were open and a floor fan was blowing.

Police saw a leafy substance on the desk. It looked like smoking tobacco with several green leaves mixed in.

Police also found two small particles of green leafy substance on the bed and a bag of marijuana in a desk drawer.

Both students told police the marijuana wasn’t theirs and said they had not been smoking.

The marijuana was placed into evidence and the students were released, reports stated.

A man was cited for possession of drugs and paraphernalia the night of April 8 outside of Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

Police pulled the man over around 9:30 p.m. after he didn’t stop at a stop sign. The man had his window down and police smelled marijuana.

The man said he had not seen the stop sign. When police told the man about the marijuana smell, the man said he smelled something too.

The man said police could search the car. Police found a clear bag of green leafy substance and a pipe.

The man said the items weren’t his, but said he would take responsibility for them.

The man showed no signs of having smoked marijuana.

The pipe and bag were placed into evidence and the man was released, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department Records. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resumǸ can be found at www.uapd.arizona.edu.