Kerr Kriisa’s triple-double leads Arizona MBB past Southern University

Nathanial Stenchever

Kerrr Krissa (25) a point guard on the Arizona men’s basketball team high fives a teammate after scoring a point on Nov. 7, in McKale Center. The wildcats would in 117-75.

The Arizona men’s basketball team picked up right where they left on Monday night. Once again, they took care of business with ease. This time they defeated Southern University in tonight’s contest by a score of 95-78. Arizona was leading by at least 20 points up until the last few minutes of the game.

The Wildcat fans brought the energy early and often during this game. McKale Center did not feel like it was hosting a November non-conference game.

Kerr Kriisa finished the game with a triple-double. This is the second time he’s finished a game with a triple-double at Arizona. He scored 14 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds. This was one of Kriisa’s best all-around performances in his collegiate career so far. He also was 3-6 on 3-point shots.

Kriisa is also the first Pac-12 player to have multiple triple doubles since Andre Iguodola in 2004.

Before the season, Pelle Larsson was a player that was poised for a breakout season. After just two games he appears to be headed down that path. He had 17 points, four rebounds and two assists during tonight’s contest while shooting a terrific 64% from the field.

Oumar Ballo has came into the year looking like a new and improved player from last season. He is quicker, in better shape and has been very consistent on both ends of the floor throughout two games. Tonight he had an all around good performance where he scored 17 points, eight rebounds and five blocks.

From a game that Arizona dominated start to finish, it could be hard to pick any negatives from it, but they did struggle in two areas: 3-point shooting and turnovers. The Wildcats finished the game 5-20 from deep and had 19 turnovers.

RELATED: Roundtable: Can Arizona MBB get back to the Sweet 16?

Arizona had four players in double digits (Larsson, Tubelis, Ballo and Kriisa) and two other players with at least 8 points (Bal and Veesaar).

The Arizona men’s basketball team has a five day break before they play their next game in McKale Center. They will face off against Utah Tech on Nov. 17.

Follow Ryan Wohl on Twitter