Arizona baseball outlasts Oklahoma State 10-9

November+19%2C+2016.+Junior+outfielder+Cal+Stevenson+%283%29+during+Arizona+Baseballs+Wild+vs+Cats+Fall+World+Series.+Hi+Corbett+Field%2C+Tucson%2C+AZ.+
Emily Gauci/Arizona Athletics
November 19, 2016. Junior outfielder Cal Stevenson (3) during Arizona Baseball’s Wild vs Cats Fall World Series. Hi Corbett Field, Tucson, AZ.

Saturday night, Arizona baseball kept its perfect season intact as the No. 15 Wildcats defeated Oklahoma State 10-9 in the Frisco Challenge. With the win, Arizona improves to 10-0 and the Wildcats won their first ranked matchup of the season against No. 22 Oklahoma State.

Arizona’s 10-0 start is the Wildcats best start since 1999.

Cal Stevenson was the hero for the Wildcats. His walk-off double scored Matt Frazier in the bottom of the ninth giving the Wildcats their tenth victory.

Arizona started off the game slowly just like on Friday in their win over Arkansas. Neither team scored in the first three innings but Arizona ripped off six runs in the fourth and fifth innings.

Arizona would take a 6-0 lead heading into the sixth but Oklahoma State responded with nine unanswered runs over their next three at-bats.

Heading into the bottom of the eighth, Arizona saw a 6-0 lead turn into a 9-6 deficit with only two innings remaining.

J.J. Matijevic came up big in the eighth inning for Arizona with a double that scored Stevenson and Mitchell Morimoto. After cutting the deficit to 9-8, a Nick Quintana single scored J.J. Matijevic to tie the game at nine in the eighth. Stevenson sealed it with his double in the ninth, and the Wildcats perfect season continues.

Arizona’s offense racked up 15 hits against Oklahoma State including three hits from Stevenson, Quintana, and Cody Voss. As a team, Arizona batted .385 and .375 with runners in scoring position against Oklahoma State.

Nick Quintana led Arizona’s offense with three hits, three runs batted in, and one hit for Arizona.

Michael Flynn got the start for Arizona and pitched five innings and struck out four batters while giving up two hits and two earned runs.

Arizona finishes the Frisco Classic tomorrow at 11 a.m. MST against the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

Follow Ivan Leonard on Twitter