Date Book

CAMPUS EVENTS

• Seminar. The Immunobiology Departmental Seminar Series presents “”The Murmur and Chatter of Bacterial Genomes,”” by biology professor Howard Ochman. 11 a.m. Arizona Health Sciences Center, Room 8403
  • Graduate school workshop. Interested in attending graduate or professional school? Come learn strategies for applying, including evaluating schools, testing, applications, personal statements, references and admission interviews. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
  • Doctoral oral defense. Carrie Marie Nielson will defend her epidemiology dissertation titled, “”Human Papillomavirus Prevalence in Asymptomatic Men.”” 1:30 p.m. Drachman Hall, Room A-326
  • Interview workshop. Get prepared to ace that interview. Come to the interview preparation workshop to learn what to expect and how to prepare. 2p.m. SUMC, Room 411
  • Seminar. The Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics Seminar presents Knud Nierhaus, who will give a talk titled “”The E-site Story: Fundamental Aspects of Protein Synthesis.”” 4 p.m. BioSciences West building, Room 208
  • Colloquium. Wendy Zheng from the University of Chicago Department of Physics will present “”Singularity Formation on a Liquid Interface: Breaking a Drop, Pulling a Neck and Making a Splash”” as part of the Program in Applied Mathematics Colloquium. 4 p.m. Math building, Room 501
  • Film. Photographer, writer and filmmaker Allan Sekula will introduce Peter Wollen’s 1992 film “”Images of Atlantis: The Photography of Milton Rogovin.”” 5:30 p.m. Center for Creative Photography auditorium
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Movie. Come watch the movie “”Click,”” starring Adam Sandler, on campus. 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. $3. SUMC, Gallagher Theater
  • Movie. Sponsored by Students for the Exploration and Development of Space, it is movie night out on the UA Mall. 7:30 p.m. UA Mall
  • “”Halo”” tournament. Test your skills and challenge your friends at the “”Halo”” video game. 6 p.m. $3. SUMC, Games Room
  • Comedy Corner. Live improv every Friday -for free! Come check out the nation’s oldest college sketch comedy troupe. Noon. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Cellar Restaurant