Bread and Butter

Hermione Granger: Team Ron or Team Harry?

Kat Hermanson: Hermione should be with Ron, of course! For Emma Watson, however, Team Kat all the way.

Brittany Rudolph: I’d have to go with Team Harry, just so I could see J.K. Rowling write a sequel titled, “The Real Chamber of Secrets: Harry and Hermione’s Extramarital, Middle-Aged Affair.”

Kasey Shores: Harry Potter is a book series and nothing more to me. I read it and I enjoyed it. I moved on with my life, I don’t understand why others don’t.

Which is the best building on campus?

KH: The Gender and Women’s Studies building is the most unique building I’ve seen at UA. It’s a converted motel, complete with colorful courtyard furniture and bathtubs in the gender neutral restrooms; a perfect place to bask in the sun and read.

BR: The Poetry Center! It’s a beautiful, quiet space to either experience poetry or just to sit and study. I just wrote about it, but it deserves the attention!

KS: The Forbes courtyard is straight up the best area on campus. It’s like a secret garden.

Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, what?

KH: Just angsty enough, just handsome enough, just a bit too hairy.

BR: He has doe eyes, which makes him less scary than probably appropriate. But I routinely skipped comic books 101 in elementary school, so I’m no expert.

KS: I don’t really like Jesse Eisenberg’s voice. I don’t know much about Superman, I just don’t like his voice.

What’s the most important thing you read this week?

KH: “The ceiling isn’t glass, it’s a very dense layer of men.” — Anne Jardim

BR: I’m reading the “Epic of Gilgamesh” for a class, and it’s actually really captivating. Thinking about how the story has survived thousands of years is mind-blowing and really speaks to the power of literature to connect us to the past.

KS: I read an article in the New York Times about the Islamist rebels taking over most of the oil in Syria. The Times wrote that analyists called it “a war within the broader civil war.”