Miranda’s Station Review returns to campus

Miranda’s Station Review

Miranda’s Station Review (MSR), a student creative writing magazine, returns to the University of Arizona campus seeking members to help produce, learn and get involved with an opportunity to showcase student writing.

MSR originally existed as a student-run “zine” from 1991 to 1993. The group hopes to establish a legacy by becoming a continuing resource for future generations of Arizona students. 

The magazine was run by students, for students and continues to reach those goals. With six members as of now, the club looks to expand and is open to all students who share interest in writing or producing independent content.

“We are all quite enthused about getting Miranda’s back up and running again,” Michael Baker, one of the original founders of the magazine said. “We have knocked around quite a few ideas and have great ambitions for this project and are looking at actually being both online and print.”

RELATED: ‘Miranda’s Station Review’ makes a comeback

Their first meeting is at 5 p.m. on Monday, April 2, in the UA Main Library, meeting room A214, which is on the ground floor.

“We think it’s great that we are going to be organized as a club, so any students who want to be involved can participate,” Baker said.

There will be officer positions open, which may or may not overlap with staff roles. The club is looking for students who can function as editors, traditional and digital designers, including web design, are good with social media or have a head for business.

“We’re on a tight schedule, but we are hoping to be able to showcase student work in some sort of format before the end of the semester,” Baker said.

Follow Pascal Albright on Twitter