Calendar

Rev. Horton Heat
    Rev. Horton Heat

Today
    “”Kiss Me Kate””:
    This 1953 play is supposed to be a modern version of “”The Taming of the Shrew.”” Sounds cool, and maybe you can even take grandma (if she doesn’t mind going to Pima, of course). 7:30 p.m. $12, discounts available. PCC Proscenium Theatre, 2202 W. Anklam Road

The Storrow Band:
    This acoustic rock band from San Diego can relate to what it’s like to be a student, considering the players just graduated last year. They will also play tomorrow and on the UA Mall. 9 p.m. Free. Frog & Firkin, 874 E. University Blvd.

Tomorrow
    Suzanne Westenhoefer:
    Try to say this comedian’s name three times fast and you’ll be laughing so hard you won’t even need to go to her show. All ages. 8 p.m. $20-$25. Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

’90s rock tribute:
    This is the only place you can wear flannel without looking like a meth addict. The Flannels will perform tributes to last decade’s grunge music. Doors open at 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. $5. City Limits, 6350 E. Tanque Verde Road. (21+)

Afro-Latin World Party:
    If you’re a Fourth Avenue hippie, or just really “”love”” diversity, you’ll enjoy this dance extravaganza with music from Brazil, other countries in Latin America, Africa and more. 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. $10. The Historic Y, 300 E. University Blvd.

Saturday
    Nuestras RaÇðces Literary Arts Festival:
    This is the second day of a gigantic festival featuring Mexican-American authors, film, arts and culture. You don’t even have to cross the border, because it’s happening all around town. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Most events will take place the Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave.

In Cuicatl In Xochitl: Flower and Song
    This festival of underground hip-hop and poetry will give its proceeds to MECHA, a Chicano student club at the UA. Plus, somebody named Tortilla Factory will be there. Mmmm. 7:30 p.m. $5. The Dry River, 657 W. St. Mary’s Road

Sunday
    Our Emergence in America: Margin Notes of an Asian-American Writer
    Asian-American journalist Helen Zia will talk about “”Asian-American Dreams: The Emergence of an American People.”” Plus, there will be free dim sum to go along with it. If nothing else, the pork buns are worth the drive. You must register by Friday. 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. $20, includes dim sum lunch. Tucson Chinese Cultural Center, 1288 W. River Road

Rev. Horton Heat:
    My dad wanted to go see this band the last time he was in town. I’m not really sure why, because it’s apparently set on “”spreading the gospel of whiskey, sex, drugs and cars.”” Well, my dad owns a PT Cruiser, so you make the choice. $15 in advance, $20 day of show. Doors open at 7 p.m. City Limits, 6350 E. Tanque Verde Road (21+)

Monday
    Electric Six:
    This band is cool, but the opening band, She Wants Revenge, sounds so much like Interpol that it should probably be arrested (by Interpol!) for infringing copyright laws. Rock Kills Kid also opens. 9:15 p.m. $10. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

The Hayabusa Mission to Near-Earth Asteroid 25143 Itokawa:
    This is part of that public evening series on astronomy. I don’t know about you, but it seems pretty freaking interesting to me. Telescope viewing follows lecture. 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Free. Steward Observatory, Room N210

Tuesday
    Meet the man-ape:
    I’ve been waiting for this opportunity for years! Apparently, the guy who played Moonwatcher in “”2001: A Space Odyssey”” will be giving a lecture and then showing the movie. This is your only chance to meet an actual man-ape. 7 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Archaeology Awareness Lecture:
    Come to this lecture on the archaeology of Spanish caves. Also, Angela Mallard is anticipated to be there. (She’s pretty cool.) 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Free. Arizona State Museum

Wednesday
    Mice Parade:
    Not to be confused with Wolf Parade or Mouse of Mars, this guy is absolutely amazing. He’s on the same label as Sigur Ros, if that gives you any idea. 9 p.m. $8. Solar Culture, 31 E. Toole Ave.

Arizona photography in the 1920s and ’30s:
    The hipster in me just pooped my pants when I found out about this lecture. It’s OK, I got them for $3 at a thrift store (maniacal laugh). 7 p.m. $3 with student ID. Arizona Historical Society, 949 E. Second St.

-Andi Berlin