Police Beat

A man was found with marijuana and a pipe after he tried to sell drugs to a student the night of April 6 during Spring Fling at Rillito Downs, 4502 N. First Ave., reports stated.

The student told police around 6:15 p.m. that the man had approached her and said, “”Do you want to buy this,”” while showing her a glass pipe with white powder in it.

The student said she had said no and walked away.

Police found the man and asked him about the incident. The man became angry and started yelling.

Police had to ask the man several times to sit down.

The man sat down and said, “”If you try anything, I’ll kick you with my boot,”” reports stated.

The man denied that he was trying to sell drugs. Police asked to search him and he said no.

The man then removed a glass pipe from his pocket and said, “”This is all I got on me.””

The man then put the pipe back in his pocket. He then took the pipe out and smashed it on a chair next to him.

The man started yelling again. Police tried to handcuff him, but he resisted. Police pointed a Taser at the man and he then let himself be handcuffed.

Police found two marijuana cigarettes inside a pack of cigarettes in the man’s pocket.

The man told police he was a “”crack head”” and a methamphetamine user but said he did not have any other drugs on him.

Police escorted the man off the property. He was cited for possession of paraphernalia and drugs and resisting arrest.

He was released, and the marijuana was put into evidence, reports stated.

A man was booked into Pima County Jail April 5 after police found him drunk and yelling at people at Jett’s Wildcat, 501 N. Park Ave., reports stated.

Police got a report about the man yelling at people by the volleyball courts around 11:50 a.m. Police found the man.

The man seemed to be drunk. He had slurred speech and kept losing his balance.

The man could not give a reason why he was on campus.

The manager of Jett’s Wildcat said he had asked the man to leave several times and said the man had finally gone to the volleyball courts.

Police told the man to leave the area.

Around 1 p.m., police got another complaint about the man.

The manager said the man was standing in the parking lot and asking people for money and cigarettes.

The manager said he had asked the man to leave, but said he wouldn’t.

The man was arrested for trespassing, reports stated.

A student said her wallet was taken out of her backpack April 3 while she was walking from her class at the Physics and Atmospheric Sciences building, 1118 E. Fourth St., to her car, reports stated.

The student said she last saw her wallet around 11 a.m. when she moved it to a front pocket on her backpack. The student said she noticed it was missing about 20 minutes later.

The student said $90, credit cards and her driver’s license had been in the wallet.

The student said she had canceled the credit cards.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

A student’s car was towed April 4 after she was pulled over for speeding at East Sixth Street and North Norris Avenue, reports stated.

Police pulled the student over around 11 a.m. Police ran a records check and saw the student had a suspended license.

The student’s car was towed and she was cited and released, reports stated.

A UA employee found brown and pink colored glasses April 5 in a Zone 1 lot, 435 N. Fremont Ave., reports stated.

The glasses were found in a case around 3:45 p.m. Police could not determine who the owner was.

The glasses were placed into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

A student lost his passport from China April 5 after he scanned it at the Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, 1500 E. University Blvd., reports stated.

The student said he scanned the passport around 12:45 p.m. He said he forgot about it and noticed it was missing shortly after.

A student’s wallet was found the night of April 5 at East Sixth Street and North Vine Avenue, reports stated.

Police attempted to e-mail the student but were unsuccessful.

The wallet was put into property for safekeeping, reports stated.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu