Wildcat Picks of the Week: 7/24-7/30

John Travolta, right, and Olivia Newton-John, left, in the original making of “Grease” in 1978. Cactus Drive-In Theatre Foundation will be showing the movie at the Tanque Verde Swap Meet on Thursday, July 27 as a drive-in movie.

While staying home to watch Netflix might seem like your best bet during monsoon season, some events going on this week are worth leaving the house for. Find out what you can do during the rainy season with the Daily Wildcat‘s picks of the week.

Game of Thrones Trivia Night at Casa Film Bar

Winter is here, and the seventh season of Game of Thrones is upon us. Prove how ready you are for the new season by showing your knowledge at Casa Film Bar’s trivia night. You can win some Game of Thrones-themed prizes such as a Hand of the King bottle opener, a Daenerys Targaryen lunchbox or a Game of Thrones coloring book.

The trivia contest will take place Tuesday, July 25 from 7 to 9:30 p.m. You Sly Dog food truck will be at the Bar, which will be offering Game of Thrones “Bend the Knee” brew on draft.

“Grease” Drive-In Movie at Tanque Verde Swap Meet

In an effort to revive the drive-in movie culture in Tucson, the Cactus Drive-In Theatre Foundation will be showing “Grease” in the north lot of the Tanque Verde Swap Meet on Thursday, July 27 from 7:50 to 9:40 p.m. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased online or at the gate. Food and drink vendors will be operating near the entrance of the north lot.

Wildcat Welcome Rummage Sale at UA Surplus Storefront

Care for the Earth by recycling and getting great items at huge discounts. Through a partnership involving UA’s Housing and Residence Life office, the Office of Sustainability, the UA Green Team, Procurement and Contracting Services and the UA Green Purchasing Project, items procured through the Dodge the Dumpster project will be sold to the public. These items were salvaged from dorms after students moved out last semester.

The sale will be taking place on Saturday, July 29 starting at 8:00 a.m. To participate, you need to register as a buyer at the UA Surplus Storefront by filling out a Purchase Agreement.

RELATED: Wildcat Picks of the Week: June 26-July 2

Main Gate Square Culinary Challenge

If you feel like spending a Saturday night surrounded by great food, look no further. This event — presented by Caridad Community Kitchen, Tucson Modern Streetcar, Tucson Foodie, On The Menu Live and Main Gate Square — is a competition between the eateries in the Square and will be hosted by On The Menu Live. Attendees will have the chance to taste lots of different food, enjoy games and listen to music in this free admission event.

The competition will take place on Saturday July 29 from 7 to 10 p.m. in the Geronimo Plaza at Main Gate Square.

RELATED: Wildcat Picks of the Week: July 10-16

July Free Day at MOCA Tucson

Enjoy contemporary art without breaking your bank. The Museum of Contemporary Art Tucson offers free admission to the public every last Sunday of the month. This Sunday, July 30, MOCA will open its doors for free from 12 to 5 p.m. There are many exhibitions worth checking out, including “Tucson Nights: After Dark in the Naked Pueblo” and “A Night on the Edge of Forever: The Art of Midnight Films, Free Theater and the Psychedelic Underground San Francisco 1969-1973.”

Follow Melissa Vasquez on Twitter