Pac-12 bubble watch: Who’s in, who’s out?

Arizona+mens+basketball+coach+Sean+Miller+coaches+his+team+during+Arizonas+99-61+win+against+Arizona+State+on+Wednesday%2C+Feb.+17.+The+Wildcats+face+Colorado+Wednesday.+
Tyler Baker
Arizona men’s basketball coach Sean Miller coaches his team during Arizona’s 99-61 win against Arizona State on Wednesday, Feb. 17. The Wildcats face Colorado Wednesday.

1. Arizona — No. 4/5 seed

While the Wildcats may not move up in seeding, they did blow out their rival and many teams ranked over them lost. Wins over Colorado and Utah this week would give them more respect in the seedings.

2. Oregon — No. 3 seed

The Ducks are a projected No. 3 seed at the moment which would keep them west and send Arizona out east.

3. Utah — No. 4 seed

The Utes strengthened their resume with a win against USC and now get a layup against ASU. They are currently No. 10 in RPI, so a No. 3 seed would not be out of question if the Utes keep on winning.

4. Cal — No. 7 seed

The Golden Bears are firing on all cylinders and are finally reaching their potential. At least three more wins and a deep Pac-12 Conference run could set them up with a nice tournament seeding.

5. USC — No. 7 seed

The Trojans fell to Utah yesterday and lost three of their last four games of the season. After Stanford on Thursday, the Trojans could lose their last three games if they are not careful.

6. Oregon State

The Beavers lost to the Ducks last week but still have a solid chance to make the tournament. The thought of Gary Payton trash-talking alumni should be enough to get Oregon State in, but they also have to win.

7. Colorado — No. 10 seed

The Buffaloes and Huskies are each on the bubble with Colorado receiving a slight edge over them. Getting swept by the Los Angeles schools does not help their case and they still have Arizona and Utah on their schedule.

8. Washington — Bubble

The Huskies are currently hovering in the next four in, last four out range and need a solid ending to their season. A win over Oregon would be great, but they must defeat Oregon State and Washington State to have a shot.

9. UCLA

While it is unlikely the Bruins will make the tournament, Bryce Alford will continue to take shots like it’s going out of style. He has taken 119 more shots than Thomas Welsh yet has made one less basket. I wish my father could coach division 1 basketball at a high-profile school.

10. Stanford

The Cardinal’s hopes for a tournament bid were long gone, but they might have a shot at the National Invitation Tournament. Its last likely win-able game this season is against ASU, so Stanford can at least beat the other school coached by a Duke point guard.

11. ASU

Arizona Athletics tweeted a stat showing that opponents at Arizona shot worse free throws than ASU. ASU’s basketball team does not have anything going for them. Grand Canyon University would not have lost by 38 points, so maybe GCU should replace them.

12. Washington State

Wazzu basketball may be depressing at the moment, but it did bless us with Klay Thompson. The other Splash Brother has currently hit seven more threes than Wazzu (167-160) which is a testament to both sides in the equation.

Follow Ivan Leonard on Twitter