Police Beat

Police arrested a man on a warrant after pulling him over for driving a vehicle with an expired license plate on April 7.

Around 7 p.m., UAPD pulled over a 30-year-old man on East Speedway Boulevard and North Third Avenue for expired tags.

The man had an Arizona identification card, and police could not find a record of the man having a valid driver’s license.

Police checked the name and found a misdemeanor warrant from the Department of Public Safety for failure to appear in court.

The vehicle was impounded, and the man was taken to Pima County Jail.

The man was traveling with a 13-year-old male passenger, and the boy’s mother was called to the scene to pick him up.

An 18-year-old was cited and released for minor in possession after causing a scene outside Delta Chi Fraternity House, 1701 E. First St., on April 11.

Around 2 a.m., police heard yelling coming from Delta Chi while an officer was on patrol.

Six men were yelling at a lone man who was walking unsteadily on the sidewalk. The staggering man was yelling profanities back at the group.

The officer shined his spotlight on them, and the six men went inside the house. The lone man jogged off when he saw the officer.

The officer stopped the man, who provided a Los Angeles driver’s license. The license indicated the man was under 21 years of age.

The man had slurred speech and smelled of alcohol. He also had “”over 21″” stamped on both hands.

The man said he had three beers at Coronado Residence Hall and had gone to Golden Pin Bowling Alley, 1010 W. Miracle Mile, where they had given him “”over 21″” stamps by mistake.

The man was cited and released.

A man was arrested for a misdemeanor warrant while he was driving with a suspended license around 9 a.m. April 11.

The man was driving near East Speedway Boulevard and North Cherry Avenue when the officer conducted a records check on a GMC sport utility vehicle that was stopped at a stoplight.

The vehicle had suspended tags for lack of mandatory state-required insurance. The man said he was not aware of that.

When the man was asked for his insurance, driver’s license and registration, he said he did not have any of that “”paperwork,”” according to reports.

The man verbally identified himself, and when the police found his name, a Pima County Sheriff’s Department warrant for failure to comply with a court order came up.

The man was booked into Pima County Jail.

A student was cited for disorderly conduct and trespassing after doing tricks on his BMX bicycle outside of the Marvel Building, 1213 E. South Campus Drive, around 6 p.m. April 11.

The student also was doing tricks outside the Marley Building, 1145 E. Fourth St.

The student had been warned for doing bike tricks on Feb. 14, so police confiscated his bicycle and issued him a citation.

The dean of students was contacted and informed of the disorderly conduct case.

A student reported receiving harassing phone calls to her cell phone while she was home around 1 a.m. April 12.

The student received the calls while at La Aldea Graduate Housing, 825 E. Fifth St.

The first call came from an unknown caller with a female voice who asked whether the student had a boyfriend.

The student refused to answer and hung up on the caller. A phone number with a 510 area code, which is from Berkeley or Oakland, Calif., came up.

Between 12:30 and 1 a.m. the student said she received 10 phone calls from a blocked phone number. The caller had the same voice as the first call.

The student refused to answer the questions throughout the calls and asked the caller to identify herself.

“”It’s not important who I am, just answer the questions,”” the caller said, according to reports.

Police told the student to call her phone company and ask for a call history. The officer also told her to request that the calls be unblocked on her call history so UAPD could identify the source of the calls.

The student said she would like to pursue charges against the caller, and police said they would attempt to contact the caller.

The student called police at around 11:30 a.m. to say that she had spoken with her boyfriend, and he told her he had put up a friend to make the calls.

She said she no longer wanted to press charges and did not identify her boyfriend or the caller.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu