Police Beat: March 10

Step 1: Place screaming girl in taxi

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was on patrol Friday at 11:16 p.m. when he saw a group of people walking toward the entrance of the Coronado Residence Hall.

Two people in the group were carrying a screaming woman.

The officer caught up with the group inside the lobby of Coronado, where the woman was still screaming.

The two people carrying the woman set her in a chair next to the entrance and told the officer that they were only bringing her to the dorm and did not know in which room she lived.

Another person in the group said they had been partying at the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house and had seen several people bring the woman out of the party, put her in a taxi and hand the driver $10. The people did not know who the woman was but felt like they should help her.

They told the officer the woman’s name and that she had told them her friend had been shot, so she decided to get drunk.

The officer reported that the woman smelled strongly of alcohol and had been screaming the entire time, so he called Tucson Fire Department paramedics.

An on-duty Coronado resident assistant tried speaking with the woman, but she would not respond to anyone. By the time the paramedics arrived, the woman had vomited on herself, the chair and the carpet.

The woman was transported to University Medical Center for further care.

A fake Wisconsin driver’s license was also found in her purse that said she was 21.

The officer said he would wait until she was released from UMC to cite her with minor in possession and unlawful use of a license.

Drunken women shut down fraternity party

A UAPD officer was on patrol Friday at 11 p.m. on East First Street when he saw a dark colored car parked in front of the Parker House with its hazard lights on.

The officer could see that six or seven women were carrying a woman to the car. From where the officer was, he could not tell if the woman was conscious or not, and it appeared as though the woman wasn’t wearing clothes.

When the officer got out of his patrol car, he could see that the woman was unconscious and wearing very little clothing.

He asked what was going on, and a woman told him that their friend was sick and needed to be taken to the hospital.

The woman said that she had been with the unconscious woman at a party at the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house and noticed her friend had way too much to drink and needed to be taken home.

When the woman and her friend got into a taxi, she threw up before they made it to the Parker House Residence Hall.

Once at the Parker House, the woman continued to throw up, and her hall mates decided she needed to be taken to the hospital.

Tucson Fire Department was called to the scene and transported the woman to UMC for extreme intoxication.

At the hospital, the officer reported the woman saying she had been “”stupid”” and usually had a high tolerance for alcohol.

The woman was cited for minor in possession.

The officer decided that, because of the number of people reportedly getting drunk at the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity, the party needed to be shut down.

At 11:37 p.m., officers met with the fraternity president and shut down the party.

There were about 500 people at the party, and all non-residents left the house with no incident. The house members were very cooperative.

While the house was emptying, the officer was told that, at 12:13 p.m., a woman was found lying in her own vomit in her dorm room. The officer said he had seen her leaning against the wall as everyone was leaving the party.

A Code of Conduct referral was completed for the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity house for serving alcohol to underage guests.

Car stolen from Babcock

A woman called UAPD on Friday at 11:12 a.m. to report that her car had been stolen from the parking lot outside of the Babcock Residence Hall.

The woman told the officer that she arrived for work at 3 a.m. and parked her 2006 Chevy Trailblazer in the lot.

When she returned to her parking space at 11 a.m., her car was no longer there.

The officer checked the area and saw no sign of broken car parts.

The woman said that she was certain that she had locked the car and that she had the only key. She also called her husband and son to see if they had picked up the car for any reason, but they had not.

The woman said she did not have any suspect information but requested her victim’s rights and said that, if anyone were found, she would like to press charges.

The information for the Chevy was entered into Arizona Criminal Information Center, which is run by the Arizona Department of Public Safety, and also into the National Criminal Information Center, which is run by the FBI.