Student section tickets for ASU game selling slowly

Many student tickets remain available for the ASU football game, with the deadline for just Zona Zoo members to buy seats in the section before the general public gets a shot looming Nov. 3.

As of last week, less than 1,000 tickets had been sold for the 4 p.m. game Nov. 25 at Arizona Stadium, according to UA associate athletic director Scott MacKenzie. Only sections 3 through 5 are currently available.

Tickets cost $10 and are an addition to the Zona Zoo pass, which is good for admission to every other contest in sections 1 through 9 or a reserved seat in section 30, but 3 through 5 are the middle sections of the stadium closest to the 50-yard line.

“”We’ll expand it if there’s more demand,”” MacKenzie said of the section that seats 10,000 for all other home games. “”If we need to expand it, it would be our preference to be full all the way with students, but we don’t want a gaping hole either for the ASU game.””

Members can also buy up to three guest tickets for $40 or purchase a general admission ticket in sections 1, 2 or 6 through 9.

After the deadline passes, students can still buy tickets in the section for $10. Those seats will also be open to the general public.

Zona Zoo spirit director Michael Huston said he expects many more students to buy tickets when the game gets closer because students tend to delay things and many have not finalized their plans for Thanksgiving weekend.

“”I hope we have a strong student turnout,”” he said. “”It could potentially have bowl implications for one or both teams, but I expect, no matter what, a strong student presence there, and I expect we will make more of an effort to publicize those tickets being available.””