Three-star Center Christian Koloko commits to Arizona

Simon Asher
Arizona men’s basketball head coach Sean Miller smiles as he cuts down the net after the Arizona victory over USC Championship game at the 2018 Pac-12 Tournament on Saturday, March 10 in T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nev.

Sean Miller and his brand new staff have landed their second commitment of the 2019 class as three-star center Christian Koloko from Sierra Canyon School in California pledged his future to the ‘Cats Sunday morning on his Twitter page.

“I think that’s a great fit for me because I think their coaching staff, they trust me, they believe in me and I think you have to go somewhere where the coaches want you,” Koloko said in an interview with 247Sports. “I think they want me and I think they can help me get better and get to the next level. That’s why I chose Arizona.”

After a tumultuous Spring that saw Sean Miller lose his entire recruiting class, he put together a whole new one in a matter of weeks, all while hiring a new staff and fighting off FBI rumors

Miller’s newest commitments might not take the floor until next fall, but the impact they have made by showing other recruits across the country that Arizona is, and will be ok, is almost immeasurable after the program seemed to be on life support just a few short months ago.

Sean Miller’s newest commitment most likely won’t be stepping into the starting lineup as soon as he gets to campus. 

Instead, Koloko looks like an extremely moldable prospect that will benefit from a few years of strength training and bulking up. The seven-footer weighs in at a lean 195 pounds according to his profile on 247Sports.

The flood of commitments couldn’t come at a better time for Arizona, as they prepare to host a handful of the nations top prospects for the Red & Blue game in a few weeks, including the likes of 5-star Australian wing Josh Green, who plays on the same AAU team as prized Arizona commit Nico Mannion.

Follow David Skinner on Twitter