Wildcats to reveal wild side

Gordon Bates / Arizona Daily Wildcat  

Participants run on the UA Mall in the 2nd Annual Official ZonaZoo Undies Run Wednesday, Dec 1. The event was organized as a fun way for students to get excited about a charitable clothing drive.
Gordon Bates
Gordon Bates / Arizona Daily Wildcat Participants run on the UA Mall in the 2nd Annual Official ZonaZoo Undies Run Wednesday, Dec 1. The event was organized as a fun way for students to get excited about a charitable clothing drive.

Students will “”bare down”” to their undies, giving their clothing as donations for the homeless tonight at the Rivalry Week Undie Run, hosted by the ZonaZoo.

The event will begin at 6 p.m. at the stage on the UA Mall. The donations will benefit Hope Network, a non-profit organization that provides basic necessities to the homeless. Students are invited to wear the clothing they wish to donate and remove it prior to the run. Participants will run one lap around the Mall, sporting only their underwear and shoes.

In addition to the run, there will be a live DJ present and several activities. One of the activities will be an opportunity to win a pair of front-row, 50-yard line tickets to the UA vs. ASU game on Thursday.

“”We will have a game where we fill pie tins with whip cream and one of the tins has a UA logo at the bottom,”” said Abel Serratos, ZonaZoo community and development director and coordinator of the event. “”The person to find the logo will win the tickets.””

The first official UA Undie Run took place in May and close to 200 people attended, according to Serratos.

“”We are expecting a minimum of 300 people this year,”” Serratos said.

In response to last semester’s run, the UofA Bookstore began selling women’s underwear and sports bras as well as men’s boxers with the ZonaZoo logo. The apparel ranges from $9 to $20.

Photos from the 2009 University of Arizona Undie Run