“Trending up, trending down: July 14-20”

Trending up:

The Wall Street Reform Bill: Three Republican Senators, Scott Brown of Massachusetts, and Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine, have agreed to support the latest version of the Reform Bill, giving the Democrats the votes they need to end the Republican filibuster.

America’s weight: According to recent statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Colorado is the nation’s thinnest state with an 18.4 percent adult obesity rate, making Colorado the only state in the nation with an obesity rate below 20 percent. By comparison, Mississippi, the nation’s most obese state, tips the scales with an obesity rate of almost a third (31.7 percent) of its adult population.

Paul the Octopus: After correctly predicting all eight World Cup matches he was consulted on, Paul retired to a warm water life in the Bahamas with his gambling winnings. He was later robbed by the “”Barefoot Bandit.””

Trending down:

Footwear free felons: Colton Harris-Moore, also known as the “”Barefoot Bandit,”” a brazen 19-year-old thief accused of a string of robberies targeting wealthy people throughout the country, was arrested on July 11 after a high-speed boat chase in the Bahamas. At least we know what life experience he is using for his college admissions essays, — once this whole prison thing blows over.

Comic Sans font:  The font most often used in mocking fourth-graders’ handwriting was used to mock a 48-year-old man last week, after Cleveland Cavaliers’ owner, Dan Gilbert, used the font in an open letter to fans lambasting departed free agent LeBron James.

Diversity in the Tea Party: The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is considering adopting a resolution that condemns what the NAACP calls “”racist elements,”” within the organization. In response, the St. Louis Tea Party has urged the IRS to withdraw the tax-exempt status of the NAACP for what they claim to be habitual partisan behavior.