Analysis: Rawle Alkins isn’t sure if his dunk against USC is his best dunk ever, wants you to decide

Simon Asher
Arizona’s Rawle Alkins (1) dribbles up the court during the Arizona-Stanford game on Thursday, March 1 at McKale Center in Tucson, Ariz.

During the Pac-12 Tournament Championship game against USC, Arizona men’s basketball guard Rawle Alkins drove home a highlight reel two handed dunk over USC guard Elijah Stewart. The dunk immediately went viral with millions of views on social media, but Alkins still isn’t sure if it is his best dunk.

Deandre Ayton, who got the assist on the dunk, was impressed.

“I was like, you need to go to jail for that,” Ayton said. “There’s no way somebody should get away with that. If you see my reaction on the replay, when he dunked I started running. I sprinted. I turned around the dude was on the floor. I was like ‘oh my God.’”

Here is another look at it from a different angle, in case you didn’t get enough of it the first time. 

After Arizona returned to Tucson, Alkins said it was definitely one of his better dunks.  

But he isn’t sure if it is even his best dunk of the season. 

“Which one do you think was better, this one or the Oregon State one,” Alkins asked the media after the game.

The other dunk he refers to came at a home game on January 12 when he intercepted a pass from Oregon State guard Stephen Thompson Jr. and then ran down the court for a reverse slam.

“I mean that was a dunk competition dunk,” Alkins said.

Here is another angle.

What dunk do you think is better?

Follow Nate Airulla on Twitter