Pac-12 Tournament Live Blog: No. 1 seed Oregon, No. 2 seed Utah, No. 3 seed Cal advance to semifinals

Las Vegas — 

California, led by 21 points from freshman Ivan Rabb, defeated Oregon State 76-68 in the fourth and final quarterfinal matchup of the Pac-12 Tournament. 

The No. 3 seed Golden Bears held off a second half rally by the Beavers, who were fighting to better position themselves heading into Selection Sunday. 

Gary Payton II led Oregon State with 20 points. 

But Cal’s Rabb was too much to contain, as the six-foot-nine forward went off for 15 rebounds and four blocks in addition to his scoring. 

With 1:22 remaining, Rabb came up with a key and-one that expanded Cal’s lead to 70-63. 

The Bears held off Oregon State in the final minute and advanced on to a semifinals game against No. 2 seed Utah tomorrow. Tip-off for that game is scheduled for 9:30 pm MST. 

No. 2 seed Utah held on for an 80-72 win over No. 7 seed USC in the third quarterfinal match-up. 

The Utes were led by a red-hot Kyle Kuzma, who scored 21 points on 10 of 11 shooting. Jordan Loveridge, Jakob Poeltl and Lorenzo Bonam also added double digits in scoring for the Utes, who move on to the tournament semifinals.

The Utes now await the winner of Oregon State and California to see who it will play tomorrow. Utah’s semifinal matchup is slated to start at 9:30 pm MST.

Jordan McLaughlin led USC in scoring with 24 points while Julian Jacobs added another 16.

The loss marks the end of the conference season for the Trojans after USC beat UCLA last night.

Andy Enfield’s team will now test its NCAA Tournament fate. The Trojans are currently on the right side of the bubble according to ESPN Bracketologist Joe Lunardi.

Lunardi lists USC among his “Last Four Byes.”

In the first quarterfinal game of the Pac-12 Conference Tournament on Thursday, Oregon men’s basketball defeated Washington 83-77. The Ducks, the No. 1 seed in the tournament, advanced to the semifinals.

Four Oregon players scored in double digits, including 19 points from both Elgin Cook and Chris Boucher.

Guard Tyler Dorsey added another 17 points behind three 3-pointers.

For the Huskies, senior Andrew Andrews scored 19 points in his final conference game at Washington. Marquese Chriss added another 19.

Washington held its own for much of the game and led Oregon by one at halftime.

However, the Ducks pulled away in the late minutes of the second half before closing out in the game’s final minutes.

Now Oregon awaits the result of Arizona’s quarterfinal matchup with Colorado.

If the Wildcats are to win and advance, they’ll face Oregon at 7:00 pm MST on Friday.