Jan. 8 victims honored at art exhibit

Colin+Prenger+%2F+Arizona+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0AAn+art+gallery+in+the+Behavioral+Health+Pavilion+at+University+of+Arizona+Medical+Center+focuses+on+the+tragedy+of+Rep.+Gabrielle+Giffords+this+past+January.+The+exhibit+addresses++individual+and+community+healing+reaspones+to+the+event.+
Colin Prenger
Colin Prenger / Arizona Daily Wildcat An art gallery in the Behavioral Health Pavilion at University of Arizona Medical Center focuses on the tragedy of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords this past January. The exhibit addresses individual and community healing reaspones to the event.

An art exhibit highlights the healing methods and responses to the Jan. 8 shooting in Tucson.

The exhibit, “Healing in Tucson — The Healing Response to the Violence of January 8, 2011” had its opening event on Thursday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Behavioral Health Pavilion of the University of Arizona Medical Center — South Campus. The event featured live music and refreshments, according to a press release from Ann Cisneros, the administrative services coordinator for the Arizona Health Sciences Center.

The artwork in the exhibit displays works by visual artists in Southern Arizona and will be available for viewing until Feb. 26. The gallery is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends.