Jedd Fisch lands Arizona’s best recruit in program history

Heather Newberry
The “A” flag is held up by Arizona cheerleaders during the UA-Oregon State game on Nov. 11 at Arizona Stadium.

Tetairoa McMillan has flipped from Oregon to sign with Arizona just before time expired on the early signing period. Oregon had been his dream school and he looked up to Marcus Mariota as a kid. 

This is Arizona’s best recruiting class in 16 years since 2006. The Wildcats now have the 24th best-recruiting class in the country, according to 247sports. 

The signing comes as Oregon’s coaching staff has been in flux due to Mario Cristobal moving on to Miami. Jedd Fisch and his staff had been trying very hard with McMillan even before the coaching change at Oregon because of Arizona receiving commitments from his high school teammates Noah Fifita, Keyan Burnett and Jacob Manu. 

Fifita is McMillan’s best friend, so the connection was obvious and the Arizona staff had been working that connection for a while before it finally happened. 

Rivals has his star rating as five stars while 247 lists him still at four stars. McMillan is a huge physical presence standing at 6-foot-4 and weighing 185 pounds. He also finished up a fantastic senior season where he caught 88 receptions for 1,302 yards and caught 18 touchdowns. He was named Polynesian Player of the year and California Gatorade State Player of the Year. 

RELATED: Johnny Nansen named new Arizona football defensive coordinator

This is a huge get for coach Jedd Fisch and his staff and just proves that even though the team only won a game last year, this staff is still recruiting very well and is building something for the future.

McMillan is Arizona’s best football recruit in the program’s history and is their fourth four-star player of the 2022 class.

Follow Jake Faigus on Twitter