fashion facts

The purpose of “”Just The Fashion Facts”” is to catch a given individual that puts dresses in such a way that is not only stylish but adheres to the topic that was stormed up for the week.

What one may wonder is what that person wears on a day-to-day basis? Do they always put themselves together in such a creative manner? Or did we just catch them on a good day?

To experiment, we found a couple of well-dressed students on Tuesday and then followed-up with them yesterday to see if their style sensewas something temporary or something that lasted.

“”I’m T-shirt and jeans all the time,””said string bass performance sophomore Andrew Bates.

His uniform tee, from Buffalo Exchange, and denim, a sale item at Urban Outfitters, were played up with a great red leather jacket, an item he found in his mom’s closet.

His sneakers, a Big 5 purchase, give the overall look an athletic kick, which might be evidence of one of his style influences: basketball star Dennis Rodman.

“”This is what I call my Phoenix Suns get-up,””Bates said in reference to the purple and yellow color scheme that ran throughout his outfit.

A checkered jacket adds texture to the uniform T-shirt and jeans that were an Urban Outfitters purchase.

The T-shirt that Bates wears on this particular day, however, is exceptionally cool due to the “”Good Times”” text that he silk-screened on in honor of his band’s name.

The finishing touch, which adds a little bit of clownish humor to the entire look, is his purple shades, which he bought at a dollar store.

Red must have been the color of the day, which communication sophomore Nicole Paulus radiated Tuesday from her hoodie right down to her shoes.

“”I’m very thrifty,”” said Paulus, whose shirt comes from Ross and jeans come from Old Navy.

Not many people can pull off the oversized retro sunglasses that celebrities like Nicole Richie are often seen wearing, but Paulus can. What makes her pair superior to the rest? They were found at a craft store.

Although Paulus says she just wears what suits her, she does admire the way Gwen Stefani dresses.

“”Plus, she’s gorgeous,”” Paulus said.

Paulus’ kicks, cowboy boots, are hand-me-downs from her grandmother, whom Paulus calls one of her “”style icons.””

Her gray top with billowy sleeves fits Paulus nicely, a find from one of the best places to go for simple shirts at a low cost: Forever 21.

Paulus has on her signature sunglasses for day two and accessorizes with some clean yet fun pieces – white plastic heart earrings and what looks to be a pearl necklace wrapped around her wrist as a bracelet. Very innovative.