Arizona women’s golf selected to Texas Regional in NCAA Tournament

Kyle Hansen

Lindsey Weaver of the Arizona women’s golf team follows through on a swing during Arizona’s second-place finish at the Wildcat Invitational on March 17, 2015 at Sewailo Golf Club. Weaver and the Wildcats will head to the NCAA Regionals on May 5. 

The UA women’s golf team was selected as the No. 3 seed in the Bryan, Texas Regional, where the Wildcats will compete in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament from May 5-7. The regional will be held at the Traditions Club.

Host Texas A&M University is the No. 6 seed and inter-conference foe, and Golfweek’s No. 1 team. UCLA was selected as the top seed in the region.

Kent State University, champion of the Mid-Atlantic Conference, is the lone conference champion in the regional and is seeded fourth.

The top six out of 18 teams will advance to the next round, and if recent trends are accurate, the Wildcats appear to be in a great position to do just that. Arizona has placed in the top five in five of the last six tournaments, including a win at the Wildcat Invitational.

The Wildcats will look to rebound off of their fourth-place finish at the Pac-12 Championships.

Each Wildcat posted a solid round at the Pac-12 Championships last week.

Sophomore Krystal Quihuis carded back-to-back rounds in the sixties to jolt her into a top-five finish, freshman Haley Moore held a day-one lead after shooting an opening round of 66 and junior Jessica Vasilic played consistently enough to give her a top-20 finish for the fifth time this season.

Follow Saul Bookman on Twitter.