FINAL: Arizona 58, UNLV 13

Ryan Revock

Ryan Revock/The Daily Wildcat

UA running back Jared Baker runs the ball against UNLV on Saturday.

LAS VEGAS—Arizona football beat UNLV 58-13 to win its its third straight game away from home and head coach Rich Rodriguez has now won 10 out of his 15 games in charge of the Wildcats.

Senior kicker Jake Smith scored the first 29-yard field goal of the second half, putting Arizona (2-0) up 48-6. Smith set a UA single-game record by scoring 16 points.

Junior safety Tra’Mayne Bondurant sacked UNLV (0-2) quarterback Nick Sherry, holding the Rebels back in their first drive of the second half and giving the Wildcats the ball in the third quarter.

Senior quarterback B.J. Denker fumbled the ball towards the end of the third quarter, giving UNLV possession but a scoreless, 18-yard drive.

Junior running back Ka’Deem Carey entered the fourth quarter having gained 171 rushing yards. He scored two touchdowns for the Wildcats Saturday and has 11 100-yard rushing games in his career.

Going into the fourth quarter with a big lead gave the Wildcats an opportunity to utilize other players like freshman quarterback Javelle Allen, who only rushed for one yard.

Sophomore running back Jared Baker filled in and gained 67 rushing yards.

Smith kicked a 30-yard field goal, to give the Wildcats 51-6 lead with nine minutes left. UNLV junior running back Shaquille Murray-Lawrence scored a 79 yard touchdown shortly after.

The next Arizona drive was 11 plays and ended with a three-yard touchdown run from senior running back Kylan Butler.