Arizona Wildcats trail Colorado Buffaloes at halftime in Pac-12 Tournament Championship Game

Colin+Darland+%2F+Daily+Wildcat+
Colin Darland
Colin Darland / Daily Wildcat

LOS ANGELES — The Colorado Buffaloes lead the Arizona Wildcats 30-28 at halftime in the Pac-12 Conference Tournament Championship game in Staples Center.

The Wildcats were able to work Colorado’s early lead down with a steady diet of 3-pointers. Arizona hit five 3-pointers in the half, eclipsing their total in either game they played against Colorado in the regular season.

The Colorado Buffaloes started out hot, thanks to back-to-back 3-pointers from Spencer Dinwiddie. Dinwiddie finished the half with nine points in the half behind 3-of-3 shooting from beyond the arc.

Not to be outdone, senior Brendon Lavender was also 2-of-2 from 3-point land and senior Kyle Fogg added in two 3s.

The Wildcats took more than two minutes to get on the board, but finally did when senior Jesse Perry went one-of-two from the free throw line.

Colorado had much of the momentum early on, thanks to their rebounding advantage, which was 11-4 at the 12-minute mark of the first half. The Buffaloes finished the half with a 21-11 rebounding advantage. Colorado built a lead as much as five points and forced the Wildcats to chip away.

Arizona took its first lead of the game at the 6:46 mark of the first half, but the Buffaloes and Wildcats went back and forth for the remainder of the half. The game was tied at 28 at the 1:16 mark. A layup back by Colorado’s Jeremy Adams gave Colorado the 30-28 lead.

Junior Solomon Hill did not score his first points of the game until the half had wound down to the two-minute mark. He was one-of-four from the field, but had three rebounds and three assists. Fogg led all Arizona scorers with 10 points.

Check back with dailywildcat.com after the game for a full recap of the Pac-12 Conference Tournament Championship game.