Hamilton Innovations: the newest addition to the UA Tech Park

Hamilton Innovations has moved into the UA Tech Park, according to Tech Parks Arizona.

Hamilton Innovations is a smaller company under the care of Hamilton Telecommunications. The two companies guide a number of diverse business lines into engineering, research and software development.

The UA Tech Park provides an environment dedicated to research and development that allows Hamilton Innovations to interact with businesses and focus on its core mission for communications and accessibility to technologies.

Founded in 1901, Hamilton Telecommunications became a diversified communications and technology service provider located in Aurora, Nebraska. They have seven smaller companies that allow them to operate on a local basis.

“We hope, as our operations at the Tech Park grow, that there will be opportunities for working relationships with software engineering disciplines within the UA,” wrote Kiley James, marketing coordinator for Hamilton Telecommunications, in an email. “As our staff [grows] over the years, we hope that will result in opportunities for interns, special project work and perhaps permanent employment opportunities for graduates.”

According to James, Hamilton Innovations began work Aug. 15 and will include work for its business line, which focuses on information technology, data transport solutions for businesses and government utilizing internet protocol-based networks.

James said Hamilton Innovations is focused on development for the diverse business ventures of its parent company. This collaborative development includes working on projects with Hamilton Relay, which supplies telecommunications relay and captioned telephone services for individuals who are deaf, have partial hearing loss, are late-deafened or have difficulty speaking, which helps make communication over the telephone accessible.

According to Tech Launch Arizona, the UA Tech Park supplies the interactive ground for businesses, communities and for the UA to connect with a wider variety of technology. Tech Parks Arizona directs the UA Tech Park and makes it a priority to recruit companies that are looking to connect with the UA. The Tech Park was created to connect “an ecosystem of invention, commercialization and impact,” according to a Tech Parks Arizona press release.

“I think it’s going to be very beneficial for the UA and to the Eller College of Management,” said Stefon Faison, a business freshman. “It is going to supply us with another resource to have different types of learning experiences and opportunities.”

Follow Gabriella Vukelic on Twitter.