Spring into the season with these hot jams

Eli Watson (CC BY 2.0)
    Childish Gambino performing on April 5, 2012. His song “Sober” is the perfect addition to your summer playlist.

The birds are chirping and the flowers are blooming. It’s spring again, and it’s time to dance and blast your speakers to this collectively awesome spring playlist.

Saya — “Wet Dreams”

This new single is a mixture of pop and hip-hop rhythm sounds. Up-and-comer Saya isn’t afraid to use an array of sounds in her music, so be on the lookout for her this year.

Cherub — “Doses & Mimosas”

A feel good song that will make you want to dance for a full five minutes, “Doses & Mimosas” is the song that you have insane day dreams to.

Disclosure — “You & Me” (Flume Remix)

This remix of Disclosure’s “You & Me” screams Flume with background swoops, and they do this song justice.

The Strokes — “Someday”

Old school Strokes — we went there. Have fun. While you’re at it, go listen to Is This It, the ultimate spring/summer album.

Neon Indian — “Polish Girl”

This synthetic, sad love story will have you reminiscing past loves while soaking in the spring sun.

Unknown Mortal Orchestra — “So Good at Being in Trouble”

The rich chording of the guitar and faint voice will make you want to fall in love to this song, or perhaps get in trouble to the song. Whichever you choose, get lost to this soulful melody while doing so. Indie R&B is a thing and Unknown Mortal Orchestra is the definition of it.

Childish Gambino — “Sober”

A non-abrasive Childish Gambino? Yes, that exists and it’s so good. A mix of rap, a catchy melody and 10 seconds of Vaporwave equals a great song for spring, friends and love.

Drake — “Summer Sixteen”

Yes, OK, this is “Summer Sixteen” not “Spring Sixteen,” but by the time summer comes around, Drake will have new tracks for us to bump to. So take advantage of new Drizzy while you can and swim in a bigger pool than Kanye West’s.

Of Montreal — “Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games”

This paisley group will have you swaying from side to side for four minutes — it’s good stuff.

Mac DeMarco — “Freaking Out The Neighborhood”

Mac DeMarco, father of spring, will serenade us into summer.

Follow Mariel Bustamante on Twitter.