Reggae rockers Dirty Heads are back in Tucson

Press+Photo
    Press Photo

The Dirty Heads will be making an appearance in the Dirty T this Friday the 14th at The Rock, going on stage at around 8:30 p.m. The Dirty Heads have been touring nonstop since the release of their new album Cabin By the Sea. When I managed to pin the band down for a moment, lead singer and guitarist Dustin Bushnell said he “couldn’t have asked for anything better” in sharing their reggae rock beats with fans around the country.

The Dirty Heads successfully continue their feel-good So-Cal hybrid of reggae, rock and acoustic with a touch of hip hop that is sure to lighten anyone’s mood. The band’s newest beats and lyrical humor will have you subconsciously bobbing your head with its addicting tracks. The band is quickly on the rise after originating back when the members were still in high school day and had blossomed into their first major label debut, Any Port In A Storm.

Cabin By The Sea was an instant hit upon its release on June 19. While enjoying each track, skipping any song is needless — all you need to hit is the replay button.

The album has some very appropriate collaborations, including a track featuring Kymani Marley on the feel-good reggae song “Your Love,” referencing the irresistible happy melodies of Bob Marley. As Kymani serenades “it is close to perfection,” it feels right on point as the track is arguably one of the catchiest songs on the record.

Matisyahu also accompanies The Dirty Heads on a track named “Dance All Night,” which should inspire the listener to do just that. Bushnell says it was a pleasure working with these artists, and although they are not looking to record a new album anytime soon, they always enjoy collaborating with artists that can enhance their music. ‘Matis‘ has been doing some touring with The Dirty Heads and should be expected at many of their shows.

Fans of Since Any Port In A Storm should be just as pleased with Cabin By The Sea as the hip-hop flare is still going strong.

The band’s persistence has definitely not failed. If their tracks are not already on your top 25 iTunes playlist or jammin’ on your Pandora station as they are on my own, it would be nothing short of the best decision of your weekend to pick up some tickets for tonight’s show.

Follow us on Twitter @wildcatarts