Date Book

Campus Events

• Lecture. Gary Christopherson, the director of the Center for Applied Spatial Analysis at the UA, discusses “”The Coming of Islam to Central Transjordan: A Spatial/Archaeological Approach to Transition.”” This lecture is part of a series held by the Archaeological Institue of America’s Tucson Society. 5 p.m. Free. Cesar E. Chávez building, Room 110
  • Justice for All. Students for bio-ethical equality hold an exhibit. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • The Violent Reality Between Empathy and Indifference. An exhibit featuring paintings by Marilyn Volkman. All day. Free. Kachina Gallery, Student Union Memorial Center
  • Interrupted Life: Incarcerated Mothers in the United States. A multimedia exhibition that addresses the facts and experiences of incarceration in the United States. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Union Gallery, SUMC
  • Blood drive. The Red Cross is holding a blood drive. Come out and give others the gift of life. 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Cherry Avenue pullout, UA Mall
  • Entertainment

• Concert. The University Activities Board is sponsoring a free concert. Noon to 1 p.m. Free. UA Mall stage
  • Movie. The movie “”Running with Scissors”” will be playing at Gallagher Theater tonight. See a great movie at a discount rate. Rated R, 116 minutes. 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. $3. Gallagher Theater
  • Poker. Bring your poker face and $5 and try your hand at Texas Hold ’em. Prizes will be awarded. 6 p.m. $5. Park Student Union, Coati and Javelina Rooms
  • In the Groove 2 Tournament. Step up and show off your dancing skills. 6 p.m. $5. SUMC, Games Room