Police Beat

Man cited for minor in possession, fake ID
    A man was cited and released on charges of minor in possession of alcohol and having fictitious identification last Thursday.

An officer stopped the man, who was walking east on Second Street, because he was swaying and stumbling as he slowly made his way down the street. The officer asked the subject to sit down due to the fact that he was swaying so much and he could not seem to keep his balance.

The officer then asked the man for his ID. He handed the officer a Maine ID, showing his date of birth as Dec. 23, 1985. The man still had his wallet open, and the officer could see an Arizona ID in the middle section of the wallet.

The officer asked the man why he had two forms of identification. The man replied, “”Oh, that’s a fake. You can have it.””

He then handed the officer his Arizona ID, showing his date of birth as March 12, 1988. Reports said that the man smelled strongly of intoxicants, and he had watery, bloodshot eyes. The man told officers that he had had his fake ID since his junior year of high school but had not used it to obtain alcohol. He did admit to drinking “”some beer”” during the evening.

The man was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol. His fictitious ID was taken into police custody.

After heartbreak, woman cited for MIP
    Police responded to a call concerning a female being carried down Cherry Avenue and Helen Street Sept. 25.

When police arrived, they made contact with the woman. She had a strong odor of alcohol coming from her breath. Reports said the woman was very emotional and constantly repeated, “”My boyfriend broke up with me.””

She told officers that she “”drank some vodka”” at a house party, but could not recall the location. Paramedics responded on scene to treat her for extreme intoxication. She was released without being transported to the hospital to the care of a man she was with. He told officers he would get her home. She told officers she just wanted to go to sleep now.

The woman was cited and released for MIP.

Officers respond to reported harassment
    Police responded to a harassment call Sept. 25.

A man called police after he said he had been receiving phone calls and e-mails, starting in mid-August until last Wednesday. He told officers he started getting e-mails in August from an unknown sender, but since he did not know the subject, he deleted them and eventually put the sender’s address under spam control. He then said that the e-mails ceased for a bit.

The man said he had been out of town the first week in September, and when he returned, there were several messages on his work voicemail from an unknown man. The man on the voicemail identified himself and gave a contact number.

The man played the message for the officer. The man said he was attempting to get in contact with the other man, because he was trying to find his father and he believed they were half-brothers. The man also said, in the voicemail, that he did not have the confidence to contact the other man during the day, which is why he only called at night. The man told officers that he did not want to press charges, but that he did want them to contact the man and tell him to stop calling.

Officers contacted the man on the voicemail. He only spoke in Spanish, but gave officers all of his information. He said he was attempting to locate his half-brother and thought that the other man might be him. He said he did not know that man personally, but just wanted to check. He said he would stop contacting the man because he figured out that he was not his brother.

No charges were filed.

Woman cited for underage drinking
    A woman was charged for minor in possession of alcohol Sept. 26.

Police stopped a woman who appeared to be intoxicated near Coronado Residence Hall, because she was walking while being supported by a friend. The woman was very unsteady and swayed while she walked.

Police reported that upon making contact with the woman, they could smell a strong odor of intoxicants coming from her mouth, slurred speech and that she had bloodshot, watery eyes.

Officers asked the woman where she was coming from and she replied, “”Plano, Texas.”” They then asked her if she knew the legal drinking age in Arizona. She replied that it was 21. Officers asked her if she wanted medical attention, which she refused.

The woman was cited and released for underage drinking and referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Student cited for minor in possession
    A woman was referred to the Dean of Student’s Office after being carried into her dorm.

While waiting for paramedics to arrive to transport another student to the hospital, they saw two women carry another woman into the east entrance of Coronado.

Police followed the woman and found that a residence assistant had already located the woman who was carried into the dorm. The other woman told the officer that they found the woman sitting on a curb at Campbell Avenue and Sixth Street with no one around her. Since they knew her, they decided to bring her back to the dorm.

Reports said the woman smelled strongly of intoxicants and had bloodshot, watery eyes. The woman was unable to tell officers where she had been. She said that she had been drinking, but did not say what.

Tucson Fire Department responded to check her. They said that she was intoxicated but cleared to stay if someone would take care of her. The RA from her floor took her up to her room.

The woman was referred to the Dean of Students for diversion on charges of MIP.