Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State among those named in newest college basketball scandal findings; No new Arizona players/coaches named

Simon Asher

Arizona’s Dusan Ristic lays in the ball past USC’s Chimezie Metu (4) during the second half of the UA-USC game on Saturday, Feb. 10 at McKale Center in Tucson, Ariz.

As expected, new revelations into the scope of the FBI’s college basketball probe include several high profile programs such as Duke, Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Texas and Xavier, to name a few. 

Arizona, who was named in the initial report due to assistant coach Emanuel ‘Book’ Richardson’s involvement in receiving cash to push potential recruits toward professional agents, was not named in the most recent findings released by Pat Forde and Pete Thamel of Yahoo! Sports Friday.

Current players named in the latest report include Chimezie Metu (USC), Miles Bridges (Michigan State), Collin Sexton (Alabama) and Wendell Carter Jr. of Duke. The details of the article by Yahoo! Sports list documents and bank records including ledgers of alleged payouts by former NBA agent Andy Miller, his agency, ASM Sports and his former associate Christian Dawkins.

Former players including last year’s NBA No. 1 pick Markelle Fultz (Washington), Josh Jackson (Kansas), Dennis Smith Jr. (NC State), Kyle Kuzma (Utah) and Fred VanVleet (Wichita State) were also named in receiving cash payouts during their collegiate career. Fultz played under current Arizona associate head coach Lorenzo Romar last season at Washington. No details of Romar’s knowledge of the situation have been released.

The scope of the scandal is yet to be seen as new details emerge seemingly every week. Initial reports of even more teams surfaced two weeks ago by Yahoo!, stating that as many as three dozen teams and over 50 players could be implicated, some of which were released today.

Not seen on the ledger was alleged requested payouts originally named in the September findings by the FBI, amounting to $100,000 by Arizona. No Arizona players or coaches were named in the newest release today.

Arizona men’s basketball is currently on the road in Oregon as they prepare to take on the Ducks Saturday in Eugene. 

Follow Saul Bookman on Twitter