Staff picks: Arizona basketball senior day

No. 3 Arizona men’s basketball vs. Stanford
The Wildcats have found their offensive groove since inserting Gabe York into the starting lineup, and have won their last two games in dominating fashion. Look for Stanford to bring the wood to McKale Center but get chopped down behind the new Arizona team.
Arizona 79, Stanford 64

California at ASU
The ASU Sun Devils and Cal Golden Bears are the only two teams to have beaten Arizona and two of the more confusing teams in the Pac-12 Conference. One game they look like world-beaters and the next like benchwarmers. In a battle of inconsistent teams, I’m taking California to down the devils.
California 86, ASU 78

No. 4 Syracuse at No. 12 Virginia
Syracuse might have the best fruit-based mascot in the nation but its basketball team has lost two of three and hits the road to take on the red-hot No. 12 Virginia Cavaliers. This is a late-season trap game for the Orange that might actually turn out in its favor.
Syracuse 64, Virginia 61

Follow Roberto Payne @HouseOfPayne555

The last time these two faced off, the UA was fighting for the win and to hold on to No. 1. But this time the Wildcats should have no problem beating Stanford. The Cardinal lost momentum when it lost at ASU, and that should continue. Stanford will have to go back to California this weekend with two losses.
Arizona 67, Stanford 60

California at ASU
ASU had a terrible road trip last week, losing to Colorado and Utah, but there is hope for them playing at home this weekend. The Sun Devils have won their last four home games and should be able to continue their winning streak. Like Stanford, the Golden Bears will have to go home with an Arizona losing streak.
ASU 73, Cal 65

No. 4 Syracuse at No. 12 Virginia
Virginia has won its last 12 games and should take the win from the Orange. For the Cavs, this could potentially be their second regular season ACC title. This would be the first time in over 30 years they would have that title. With that being said, it should be an easy win for the Cavs.
Virginia 76, Syracuse 70

Follow Daniela Vizcarra @Vizcarra_dw

The Wildcats have steamrollered their competition over the past two games, outscoring their opponents by 55, and they seemed to have finally found their groove after the loss of Brandon Ashley. Look for the hard play of the Wildcats’ bench to continue as they wallop the Cardinal.
Arizona 75, Stanford 61

California at ASU
In their loss to Arizona, Cal looked like a bunch of middle schoolers playing in their first pick-up game: completely discombobulated. The Sun Devils have also been struggling as of late, but after their huge win against Stanford and Cal’s recent loss against Stanford, ASU will lock up the win against the Bears by the transitive property.
ASU 74, Cal 68

No. 4 Syracuse at No. 12 Virginia
After Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim’s ridiculous meltdown last week against Duke, Syracuse seemed to have lost a lot of its momentum. The No. 12 Virginia Cavaliers have won their last 12 games and will overpower the frail Orange late in the game.
Virginia 67, Syracuse 64

—Follow Matt Wall @mwall20