Get yourself tested at UA resource fair

Who: UA Campus Health Service

What: Get Yourself Tested Resource Fair

When: Wednesday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

Where: UA Mall

Participants: Pima County Health Department, Planned Parenthood, ASUA Pride Alliance, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, Student Health Advocacy Committee, Southwest Institute for Research on Women and FORCE

According to a press release from the UA Campus Health Service, “1 in 2 sexually active young people will contract an STD by age 25, and most won’t know it.”

The annual Get Yourself Tested Resource Fair aims to increase knowledge and awareness regarding the importance of STD and HIV testing by showcasing resources on campus and in the community.

Booths will be set up on the UA Mall on Wednesday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m., representing participants such as Pima County Health Department, Planned Parenthood, Pride Alliance, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation, Student Health Advocacy Committee, Southwest Institute for Research on Women and FORCE.

In addition to free condoms, giveaways and prizes, the Pima County Health Department will be on-scene giving free STD tests from inside its mobile clinic parked on the Mall.

“The top 3 STDs at UA are herpes, chlamydia and genital warts,” said Colette Wiles, Health Promotion and Prevention Services intern for Campus Health.

Year-round appointments for confidential STD and HIV testing and treatment can be arranged by calling (520) 621-9202. For sexual health questions, call (520) 621-4967.

_______________

Follow David McGlothlin on Twitter.