Quick Hits

ASA delegate position open for remainder of spring 2006

The Arizona Students’ Association is accepting applications for one ASA director who can serve through the remainder of this year.

ASA a statewide organization dedicated to lobbying on behalf of all students in the Arizona university system. Directors will work closely with three other ASA delegates at the UA, Arizona state legislators and the Governor’s Office on matters pertaining UA and other Arizona students.

Pick up an application at the Associated Students of the University of Arizona office in the third floor of the Student Union Memorial Center.

The deadline is tomorrow at noon in the ASUA office.

Olson Half Marathon training session in union

A free informational meeting about training for the Bobby Olson Half Marathon will be held today.

The Arizona Cancer Center’s Better Than Ever program offers free training to members of the UA and Tucson communities. Those interested in the program will meet at noon in the Student Union Memorial Center Madera Room.

Training begins March 6 and races are held April 29 and May 7.

For more information, visit the center’s Web site www.arizonacancercenter.org.

Faculty speaker to lecture about LGBT youth

A UA faculty member will speak today issues relating to gay youth.

Stephen Russell, an ecology and evolutionary biology associate professor emeritus, will present “”Supporting LGBT Youth During the Coming Out Process.””

The event is part of the Faculty Fellows Speaker Series and is sponsored by the Norton School of Family and Consumer Sciences.

The lecture will be in Gallagher Theatre at the Student Union Memorial Center from 12:05 p.m. to 12:50 p.m.

Study Abroad Fair will take place tomorrow on Mall

The Study Abroad Fair will be held on the UA Mall tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

The fair is sponsored by the UA Office of Study Abroad and Student Exchange and will offer opportunities from all over the world.

Call 626-9211 with any questions.