Police Beat: February 11

Wine in a bag

Two UA students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking in Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall on Feb. 2 at 12:13 a.m.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was making rounds in Kaibab-Huachuca with a resident assistant on duty. As the officer and the RA went down the stairs, they saw two male students in a room holding a plastic bag from a box of wine.

When asked, the students identified themselves to the officer and both said the bag contained wine.

One student said that the two of them had paid a friend who lives in Coronado Residence Hall approximately $20 for the box of wine. The students would not name the friend who had purchased the wine, and said they did not know where he had purchased it or what brand it was.

The two men said they planned on staying in the residence hall and drinking the wine that evening, but both denied having had any alcohol yet.

The two students were diverted to the Dean of Students Office.

Hey, girlfriend

A UA student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for underage drinking on Feb. 2 at around 11 p.m.

A resident assistant reported to a UAPD officer that “a guy came in really drunk, being held up by his girlfriend and they went up to her room.” The officer went to the student’s room, where he found the man leaning on the bed while the woman held him by his waist to keep him from falling.

He began to vomit, and the officer instructed the women to roll him on his side.

The officer then proceeded to ask him questions, which he answered “extremely slurred and inappropriately.” The student was then written up and taken to the University of Arizona Medical Center for extreme intoxication.

Taxi to hell

A physical altercation between two taxi drivers broke out in the loading zone of Coronado on Thursday at 9:09 p.m.

When the officer arrived at the scene, one driver said he was assaulted and involved in an altercation. This driver said that two days before he had had a verbal argument with a new cab driver, who then aggressively approached him on Thursday.

The new cab driver got in the other driver’s face and swung at him, hitting him on the left side of his jaw, with a closed fist. The assaulted driver defended himself by striking the new cab driver on each side of his face.

After being hit twice the new cab driver left and got back into his cab.

Both drivers were arrested and served with exclusionary orders.