ASUA Notebook December 6: Campus Pantry to receive additional donations

Pearl Dixon

ASUA President Matt Lubisich listens during a senate meeting on Feb. 1.

Associated Students of University of Arizona president Matt Lubisich announced on Wednesday, Dec. 6 that students who sign up for meal plans can now choose to donate some of the money to Campus Pantry.  Donations will be collected starting in the upcoming spring semester. 

“Hopefully, we can buy union cards so that those students who get access to campus pantry can check out those union cards and purchase them anywhere in the student union,” Lubisich said. 

Administrative Vice President Lorenzo Johnson announced that the Nutritional Science Club donated 6,000 pounds of food to Campus Pantry. 

RELATED: ASUA Notebook Nov. 29: Senators change election codes, fund Pride Alliance

ASUA voted to make the changes to their elections code that were presented to them at their last meeting. Of these, changes to who can endorse candidates, the definition of a ticket and the transition of violations from a three-strike system to a three-class system coinciding with a point system. 

ASUA senator Jalon Jackson announced that she is hoping to start a textbook affordability campaign next semester to address the costs of textbooks. Jackson said that this is something other campuses are doing and invited her colleagues to join her. 

Follow Jordan Williams on Twitter