Hot ‘n’ not Oct. 30

Alexander+Plaumann%2F+The+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0AHannah+Wong+trys+to+keep+the+ball+in+bounds+against+Washington+State+on+Friday.+
Alexander Plaumann
Alexander Plaumann/ The Daily Wildcat Hannah Wong trys to keep the ball in bounds against Washington State on Friday.

Hot

Senior quarterback B.J. Denker was named Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week after making a career-high 192 rushing yards and passing for 265 yards. He also had a touchdown and an interception during the victory against Colorado.

Arizona swimming and diving swept UNLV in the first home meet. The men’s team outscored UNLV 208-91 and the women won 183-109.

The Arizona softball team swept all three games of the Fall Round Robin tournament during the weekend. The Wildcats beat Eastern Arizona 15-0, Fort Lewis 10-0 and Scottsdale Community College 12-0.

Senior pitcher Kenzie Fowler is back in action after being out of the pitcher’s circle for a year. Fowler only allowed one hit from Scottsdale on Sunday in the four innings she pitched.

Arizona head coach Andy Lopez was inducted into the Pima County Sports Hall of Fame.

Not

No. 25 Arizona indoor volleyball dropped its two away games during the weekend. The Wildcats were defeated by Colorado and Utah and won just one set in two matches.

The Arizona soccer team was beat 4-0 by Washington State on Friday. It played Washington on Sunday and couldn’t pull a win either. The Wildcats tied the match with the Huskies.

Sophomore Arizona hockey defenseman Bryan Drazner suffered a bruised sternum during Saturday’s game against the Delaware Blue Hens. Drazner was escorted off the ice by two of his teammates. The time it will take for him to recover is currently unknown.

The Dallas Cowboys lost to the Lions, 31-30. With 1:33 minutes left of the game, the Advanced NFL Stats’ Win Probability calculator said the Cowboys had a 99 percent chance of winning the game. Clearly, it was wrong.

The controversial obstruction call made by MLB umpire Jim Joyce during game 3 of the World Series was trending on Twitter on Saturday night. Joyce’s call gave the St. Louis Cardinals the win against the Boston Red Sox. Some fans agreed with Joyce and some disagreed, but if the Red Sox don’t win the World Series this year, their fans just might go after Joyce for that call.

—Follow Rose Aly Valenzuela @RoseAlyVal