Calendar: Tucson and Campus

Wednesday

The TAMMIES 2006 – This Tucson Area Music Awards show is kind of like the Grammy’s, except everyone is from Tucson and can’t afford Versace sarongs. I hear they have an award for “”Scenester of the Year”” though, as if that’s a good thing. 8 p.m. Free. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Thursday

“”Arsenic and Old Lace”” – This play is about two aunts who have fun killing lonely old men and burying them in their cellar. Despite its startling resemblance to “”Apt Pupil,”” the 1940s classic is actually a comedy. 7:30 p.m. $13 to $16. Live Theatre Workshop, 5317 E. Speedway Blvd.

Friday

Fox 11 Tucson Music Melee – If you aren’t pretty enough to get on TV, just buy a ticket to this taped concert extravaganza instead. It’s easier than getting plastic surgery, and you get to see some cool local bands as well. 8 p.m. $6. The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St.

Saturday

The High Strung – This indie rock threesome has been compared to such greats as Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Destroyer, the French Kicks and all those other bands with verbs in their names. With Found Dead On the Phone and The Ebb and Flow. 9:45 p.m. $5. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Sunday

“”Oscar & Felix, a New Look at the Odd Couple”” – The Odd Couple takes on a whole new meaning once you’ve shared a house with someone other than your brother. Plus, Neil Simon redid the whole play just so the original version wouldn’t be as boring. 3 p.m. $15 for students. Top Hat Theatre Club, 3110 E. Fort Lowell Rd.

Tuesday

“”Team America: World Police”” Sing-a-Long Extravaganza – I guess this Fourth of July event is kind of like “”The Rocky Horror Picture Show,”” except everyone will probably dress like puppets instead of cracked out goth freaks. The words appear on the screen too, so if you don’t know the movie you can still participate. On top of that, they’re selling beer and hot dogs! 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

-Compiled by Andi Berlin