Police Beat

Someone vandalized a vehicle in a parking lot at 1420 E. Seventh St., between 7 a.m. and 2:10 p.m. March 17.

An officer noticed that a dark green GMC Jimmy had a shattered rear driver’s side window. The officer met with the owner, who said the window was intact when he parked at 7 a.m.

The window appeared to have been shot out with a BB gun. There was nothing missing from the vehicle.

Police have no suspects.

The Gamma Rho fraternity house, 645 E. University Blvd., was burglarized between 10:45 a.m. and 4:40 p.m. March 17.

The student who reported the burglary said when he returned to the house and approached the front door he noticed it was open. He entered the house and discovered his Xbox 360 and four video games were missing.

Furthermore, he discovered four bottles of beer were missing from the refrigerator, and a bag of Lay’s potato chips missing from the kitchen.

The student said he did not suspect anyone in particular, and that the house is only occupied by himself and a roommate.

The officer called the roommate, who said he left the house at 10:45 a.m. and did not notice anything suspicious.

An empty beer bottle was located on the couch outside of the front door, and the student said it was one of the bottles that had been taken from the fridge.

The officer was able to lift one fingerprint from the bottle.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A man was arrested for third-degree criminal trespassing at Tumamoc Hill, 1700 W. Anklam Road at 8:31 a.m. March 17.

At 8:26 a.m. an officer conducted a security check after receiving reports of transients living in the dry river wash on the north side of the property.

The officer discovered a man sleeping in a sleeping bag in the river wash beneath a grove of trees. The man had food and clothing hanging in the trees above him. He had constructed a bed under his sleeping bag made from branches.

A records check on the man showed that he had been warned Feb. 25 for trespassing in the same location.

The man said he sleeps in the wash because it is a safe place away from the road and city.

The man was cited and released. He said he would not return to the area again.

A Kawasaki motorcycle was apparently pushed over at 10:12 a.m. March 15, striking another Honda motorcycle, at 520 N. Euclid Ave.

An officer was dispatched to Lot 5070 in reference to criminal damage. He met a man who said his motorcycle was pushed over. Both motorcycles were lying on the right side.

The man said he parked his Kawasaki on March 14 at 11 p.m. and when he returned he discovered the motorcycle was toppled and had suffered damage to the windshield, right-hand grip, right mirror, right fairing, right front peg, gas tank and seat.

The man was unable to provide any further information and said he would pursue criminal charges against the responsible party.

The registered owner of the Honda motorcycle resides in Coronado Residence Hall. A check of his room went unanswered.

The Honda motorcycle had damage to the right mirror, right-hand grip, left and right fairings and right crankcase.

The damage to both motorcycles was consistent with the Kawasaki being pushed over and striking the Honda. The top of the gas tank of the Kawasaki had red paint transfer from the Honda’s fairing.

The engaged angle of the kickstands for both motorcycles would eliminate the possibility of the motorcycles falling over accidentally.