They Said It

Fendi Onobun

Louisville is a hell of a team, man. Great squad. It just wasn’t our night. But despite the way the game ended, that doesn’t define how this team is. That last game doesn’t define our camaraderie. It doesn’t define what we went through. It doesn’t define how hard we worked since day one.

… I guess now the next saga is going to be, ‘Who’s going to be the next coach and all this and all that.’ … That process is going to be a hectic process, a patient process.

Jordan Hill

This is the best team ever, man. This is the best team since I’ve been here. We’ve been through a lot of ups and downs, people doubting us, people not thinking we should have been in the tournament.

Russ Pennell

When we first started this year, I thought we were fragmented. I thought we had guys that did their own thing. They weren’t bad people, but no one had ever taken the time to show them that, ‘You could be a family, you could be unselfish and you could care for one another and a lot could get accomplished.’

Zane Johnson

(On the UA’s search for a new coach) There’s just so much uncertainly. We don’t know who the recruits are going to be, if there are any coming in. We don’t know who our coaches will be. It’s all up to Mr. Livengood and how he handles things.

Nic Wise

We thought it was going to go back to the way it was last year when Coach O left us, but they were a great coaching staff to be there and uplift us when everything happened. They stuck with us throughout the season and made sure everything was well, not just on the basketball court, but with life in general.

Chase Budinger

(On his NBA status) I’ve definitely got to sit down and think of my options. But right now all that’s on my mind is getting rest. I think me going through the process last year gave me a heads up.

Jim Livengood

It seemed like everything has to end at some point and time.