DateBook

Campus Events

• Home for the holidays and elder care. Learn what you can do during your holiday visit home to optimize services and resources on behalf of your parents and grandparents. Sponsored by the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences Staff Advisory Council. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Copper Room
  • Managing diabetes. Most of us have family or friends with diabetes. Come join as Shelby Goldberg provides practical information on the principles of diabetic management. Noon. SUMC, Presidio Room
  • Seminar. The Program in Applied Mathematics Analysis and its Applications Seminar Series presents a talk by Mikhail Stepanov titled “”Large Negative Velocity Gradients in Burgers Turbulence.”” 12:30 p.m. Math building, Room 402
  • File management class. The UA Center for Computer and Professional Education is offering a half-day class that will serve as an introduction to filing, searching and retrieving computer documents. Regular price $59, UA employees $47.20. University Services building, Computer Lab 301G
  • Upper-division writing workshop. Joseph Stefani will discuss “”Toward Conciseness: Clearing the Underbrush from Your Writing.”” 4 p.m. Modern Languages building, Room 413
  • Health 2008. If you are applying to medical school or professional health programs for 2008, this workshop is for you! No R.S.V.P. required. 5 p.m. César E. Chávez building, Room 110
  • Lecture. Part of a series of lectures by the College of Science focusing on global climate change, ocean impacts and feedbacks will be discussed. 7 p.m. Centennial Hall
  • Lecture. The Faculty Community Lecture Series presents a talk by professor Richard Shelton titled “”32 Years as a Volunteer in the State Prison System.”” 7 p.m. University Medical Center, DuVal Auditorium
  • Society for Creative Anachronism. Get medieval in the modern age with the SCA. 6 p.m. SUMC, Mesquite Room
  • Lecture. The School of Art Visiting Artists and Scholars Lecture Series presents Kathleen Nicholson, who will discuss “”Beguiling Deception: Women, Allegory and Portraiture in 18th-Century France.”” 5:30 p.m. Center for Creative Photography, Auditorium
  • Entertainment

• Human foosball. In celebration of Homecoming week, come play human foosball. Bring five of your friends to duel in this tabletop classic come alive. Noon. UA Mall