POBEAT: 10/7/16

Phone fight

University of Arizona Police Department officers went to Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall in response to a possible fight in one of the rooms on Sept. 24. When officers arrived, they didn’t hear or see and signs of fighting from inside the room.

Officers knocked on the room’s door and asked the residents to open the door. A minute later, a male student opened the door with blood on his face and hands, and the officer saw another male student in the room with blood on his face. Two chairs were turned over in the room and there were items laying on the floor.

The second student was the resident of the room while the one who had opened the door was a resident of Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall. When the officers asked the men if they needed medical attention, they both said no. The AZ-SO resident said he had come to the room to find his phone because he thought it was in the room, and the room’s resident was trying to go to bed and wanted him to leave.

The AZ-SO resident wouldn’t leave until he found his phone, and this angered the room resident and the two men got in a shoving match. The resident said the chairs had been overturned when the AZ-SO resident was looking for his phone, and the blood on his face was from his nose, which he had injured earlier when he fell at a football game. The room’s resident said the blood on his own face was not his. Neither student wanted to press charges against the other. The AZ-SO resident’s phone was found in the room and returned to him. Both students had Code of Conduct violations and were referred to the Dean of Students.

$50 or a fake ID

When UAPD officers were conducting a security check of UA parking lots and nearby properties on Sept. 24 when they noticed a man wearing a flat backpack, which is sometimes consistent with underage people waiting for alcohol, outside the Metro Wildcat.

The officer then saw another man walk towards the front of the store with a 30-pack of beer. The officer asked to speak with the man, who said he was underage and that an older man had gotten the beer for him.

The officer asked to speak to the first man, who said he was the second man’s roommate and that he had gone to the store to buy chips and his roommate had asked if he wanted beer, and he said yes and that he used his fake ID to buy the beer. He said it was his first time using the fake ID and that a friend had owed him $50 but had gotten him the fake ID instead. When asked about it, he got out a second fake ID.

The man was cited and released for charges of misrepresentation to purchase spirituous liquor, possession of a fictitious license and minor in possession. The other man received an FYI and the officers poured out the beer.