Fifth UA football player charged for role in fight at local house party

A fifth Arizona football player was charged for his role in a brawl that took place at a campus-area house party on Friday.

Arizona defensive lineman Justin Washington was charged with first degree criminal trespassing, according to city court records. His arraignment is set for March 15th.

Initial police records indicated that Washington was arrested, but not charged with anything.

Offensive lineman Fabbians Ebbele and cornerback Jourdan Grandon were charged with first-degree criminal trespassing. Offensive lineman Eric Bender-Ramsay and defensive back Jared Tevis were charged with criminal trespassing. Josh Robbins, a former safety at the UA who left the team last winter, was booked on assault and trespassing charges and suspicion of DUI.

The five athletes, plus Robbins, were all arrested following a brawl at a campus-area house party early Friday morning.

A police report indicated that Grandon and Robbins struck multiple females in attendance at the party. The report also stated that Ebbele, who is 6-foot-8 and 310 pounds, forcibly entered the house and “began punching everyone he could reach.”

Ebbele and Grandon were held out of Wednesday’s practice. Washington, Bender-Ramsey and Tevis have continued to train with the team.

Washington struggled a bit in his sophomore year after having a standout freshman year, as he had just 18 total tackles, two for loss, in nine games played.