Date Book

Campus Events

• Writing workshop. Joe Stefani discusses “”Writing a Critique of an Article or Book.”” 4 p.m. Free. Education building, Room 318
  • Film. “”Aristide and the Endless Revolution”” illustrates certain events pertaining to the 2004 coup d’etat in Haiti. This showing is presented by the Africana Studies Department and a discussion moderated by Wendy Theodore will follow. The showing is part of the class AFAS 300, but students not enrolled in the class can attend by calling 621-5665 before the showing. 5 p.m. Free. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 141
  • Leadership workshop. “”My History Starts Here”” will be presented courtesy of the Center for Student Involvement and Leadership. 5 p.m. Free. Student Union Memorial Center, Sabino Room
  • Commuter breakfast. Coffee, donuts and juice will be offered free for commuters. 8:30 p.m. to 10 a.m. Free. SUMC, Commuter Student Lounge
  • Blood drive. An American Red Cross blood drive will be held on campus. The event will be sponsored by the Graduate and Professional Student Council. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. Cherry Avenue pullout on the UA Mall
  • Hygiene for Humanity. The Student Association for International Relief Effort (SAFIRE) will be all over campus today accepting donations and hygiene products to benefit the nation of Sri Lanka as it continues to recover from the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami. You can contact SAFIRE through Neha Datta at ua_safire@hotmail.com. All day. Numerous campus locations
  • Entertainment

• Virgin College Mega Tour. ASUA and the University Activities Board is hosting the Virgin College Mega Tour featuring Talib Kweli, Sugarcult, and William Tell. 7:30 p.m. $15-$30. Centennial Hall
  • Spring Fling. There will be a number of attractions including free giveaways and competitions to celebrate the start of Spring Fling. 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Free. UA Mall
  • Exhibit. “”On Our Own Time”” is an art exhibit showcasing the works of UA staff members. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Free. SUMC, Union Gallery
  • Film. A free sneak preview of the upcoming movie, “”Disturbia,”” will be shown. To attend, inquire at the Gallagher Theater Box Office. 7 p.m. Free. Gallagher Theater