“Wildcats will never forget to work hard, play harder”

There are some things that not even 125 years can change. Even a century from now, the UA will be comprised of good looking, intelligent people struggling to find a balance between working hard and partying harder. How the future generations achieve these goals, though, will put our academic and partying days to shame.

Whereas we would like to think paying attention in class means copying down the slides between browsing the web and sending a text message, future Wildcats will have a much different approach.  Rather than buying textbooks at the beginning of the semester, each student will make a one-time purchase of a laptop made especially for the university and its students. Not only will the laptop serve as an e-reader for required texts, but it will also be mandatory for taking notes in class. It will feature a double-sided screen that allows the professor to view each student’s display, which means no multi-tasking and more learning.

As you can imagine, this will make for a strong work ethic, thus the need for a strong party ethic to balance it out. The university will realize that its attempts to stop underage drinking in the past only made for worse situations. As a result, the university will facilitate campus-wide parties that will allow for a safe environment and good time for all. Underage students will no longer have to put themselves in dangerous situations just to get a drink.

With these changes, the reputation of the university will soar. Not only will it take over as the top university on the list of party schools (something which we pride ourselves on now) but it will also finally be recognized as a top learning institution.Who said you can’t have the best of both worlds?

— Mallory Hawkins is a communication senior.