FINAL: Arizona wins first Pac-12 Tournament Championship since 2002

Kyle Hansen

Arizona forward Stanley Johnson (5) goes to shoot the ball during the first half of Arizona’s 36-21 lead over Oregon in the championship game of the Pac-12 Tournament in the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. on Saturday evening.

LAS VEGAS — Arizona men’s basketball beat Oregon 80-52 to win its first conference tournament championship since 2002.

The top seeded Wildcats won their 11th game in a row to win the Pac-12 Tournament Championship on Saturday.

UA forward Brandon forward Ashley, forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, point guard T.J. McConnell and forward Stanley Johnson were on the all-tournament team. Ashley was named the tourney’s most valuable player.

Ashley scored 20 points and had five rebounds on Saturday. Johnson scored 14 points and grabbed three rebounds.

Arizona shot 55 percent from the field, 37 percent from three and 65 percent from the free throw line. Oregon shot 40 percent, 44 percent from beyond the arc and 90 percent from the charity stripe.

Oregon guard and Pac-12 player of the year Joseph Young scored 19 points.

Game notes

-Arizona beat Oregon 80-62 and 90-56 during the regular season

-The Wildcats out rebounded the Ducks 37-20

-Arizona’s bench scored 18 points, Oregon’s five