Police Beat

A student reported a hit-and-run accident in the Optical Sciences building parking lot Oct. 9, reports stated.

The student said his girlfriend and another friend were

getting into his girlfriend’s parked car when the car next to them started to back out of its parking spot.

The student said the driver of the car was a woman with blonde hair who was talking on her cell phone.

The moving car pinned the student’s friend’s leg between the vehicles, and it continued to back up.

The driver stopped before the student was injured, but she proceeded to move her car forward, hitting the passenger side of a parked car.

Before the car could leave the lot, it collided with the parked car once again as it hit the stationary vehicle’s rear bumper.

The driver drove from the scene without stopping to say anything.

The student was able to get the driver’s license plate

number, and he called police although there was no damage to his girlfriend’s car.

Police arrested a man for trespassing after he was seen on campus near the Science-Engineering Library Saturday, reports stated.

An exclusion order, which prohibited him from coming on campus, was given to the man Friday.

The man said he had not read the entire exclusion

order, and he did not have it with him when an officer confronted him.

The man said he thought the exclusion order only prevented him from being in the Modern Languages building.

Police arrested him on the scene. A records check showed that the Tucson Police Department had a warrant for his arrest for not showing up to a court appearance.

A student reported that more than $1,500 worth of property was stolen from his SUV after it was been broken into Saturday while it was parked in a lot south of the Student Recreation Center, reports stated.

A subwoofer, amplifier, wallet and cell phone were stolen from the vehicle.

The student said he had parked the car in the lot at about 2:45 p.m., and when he returned at 4 p.m., he saw that the hood and the driver’s side doors were open.

The lock on a driver’s side door had been punched with the help of an unknown tool, and the wiring connecting the

battery to the rest of the car had been cut.

Police found three fingerprints from the car, but were unable to identify a suspect.

A student reported his lot-specific parking permit was stolen sometime between 9:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. Oct. 8, reports state.

When he arrived at his car in lot number 9006, the student saw a window on his jeep had been partially opened, and his parking permit was missing.

The student said he never leaves his windows down.

Police have no suspects and no witnesses.

A bike was stolen from outside Comstock House sometime between noon and 3 p.m. on Oct. 6, reports stated.

The owner said he had locked his bike when he left it, but he returned to find it missing.

He provided police with the bike’s serial number and its Parking and Transportation Services registration number.

A student told police someone broke into his car and stole property from the vehicle sometime between 8 p.m. Oct. 4 and 6:30 p.m. Oct. 6, reports stated.

The student said the car’s passenger window had been broken and a CD player, iPod interface and subwoofer were stolen.

The items were worth approximately $280, and the owner did not know the serial numbers of the stolen items.

The car does not have an alarm, and police did not take prints from the vehicle because the owner had been inside the vehicle and had touched the doors.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu