Three key stats from Arizona baseball loss Saturday

Jackie Cabrera

Tyler Casagrande prepares to bat on March 4 in Hi Corbett Field. The Arizona baseball team won the game 7-2.

Coming off a rough 11-5 loss against Washington State Friday night, the Arizona baseball team lost again 6-5 against the Cougars Saturday night at Hi Corbett Field.

Here are three key stats from the loss for Arizona.

5-run fourth inning

The Wildcats scored 5 runs in the fourth frame after stranding two runners on base in the third inning. After two quick outs, seven straight hitters reached base which resulted in the 5 runs. Mac Bingham, Daniel Susac and Tanner O’Tremba all collected consecutive RBI singles. 

Four hits outside of the fourth inning

While the Arizona lineup had their ways in the fourth inning, they collected just four hits the rest of the game. 

Mac Bingham and Daniel Susac combined for five of the Wildcats nine hits overall.

RELATED: Arizona baseball team looks to keep momentum going following successful road trip 

Three errors

The three errors committed by the Wildcats defense resulted in three of the six Cougars runs being unearned. 

The mostly costly one being a dropped pop up by Tony Bullard at third base to open the eighth inning, who later went on to score and tie the game at 5-5 in the frame. 

“Teams go through ruts like this,” Arizona head coach Chip Hale said. “We’re in a weird rut right now.”

“Take a shower, go to sleep, wake up and new mindset,” catcher Daniel Susac said on how he refocuses around the short turnaround. “I think that is all you can do. I think that is the same if you are playing baseball anywhere past this, it is every day. With three losses in a row, you just got to go win and start a new streak.”

The Wildcats will look to avoid the sweep Sunday afternoon with first pitch scheduled for 12 p.m. MST. 

Follow Ari Koslow on Twitter