What Livengood might leave behind

Arizona Athletics Director Jim Livengood has openly stated that his contract at the UA will not be renewed on the day he visited the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. The Arizona Daily Wildcat obtained a copy of Livengood’s contract. Here are some details about the contract that he will leave behind.

$280,000 base salary

•Signed by former UA President Peter Likins and Athletic Director Don James Livengood

Incentives

•Football team Bowl Championship Series:

Four weeks’ salary for the Arizona team playing in the BCS National Championship game, three weeks’ pay for the team’s appearance in any BCS game and one week’s salary for an appearance in any other bowl game.

•One week’s base salary incentive for any UA team sport (either basketball team, volleyball, softball, baseball and soccer) going into a NCAA Championship postseason event aside from football or those teams being ranked in the top-16 in that event. Also one week’s pay for a team sport NCAA National Championship.

•One week’s pay for any UA individual sport team (tennis, golf, swimming and diving, track and field, cross country or gymnastics) that finishes the season in the top five nationally and two more weeks’ salary incentives if an individual sport team wins a title.

•National Association of Collegiate Director of Athletics Learfield Directors’ Cup Final Ranking incentive as follows:

A week’s worth of base salary for a top-10 finish in the rankings, two weeks’ pay for a top-5 finish and four weeks’ pay for a first-place ranking of the award.

•Student-Athlete Graduation Rate (SAGR):

Increasing incentive from one week’s, two weeks’, three weeks’ and four weeks’ pay if the university’s SAGR (the four-year rolling percentage of the school’s student-athlete class) is 5 percent, 10 percent, 15 percent or 20 percent higher than what is the school’s General University Graduation Rate (the four-year percentage of the school’s graduating class).

Benefits

•Use of 2 motor vehicles

•Four men’s basketball season tickets

•Two football season tickets for a suite

•25 people to a postseason NCAA, conference, or bowl event for any Arizona team. This includes admission tickets, hotel and air travel.

• One yearly membership to Tucson Country Club