Police Beat

A man was served an exclusionary order at 12:45 p.m. Feb. 27 after following a female student to her classroom in the Communication building, 1103 E. University Blvd.

The woman said the man, who appeared to be in his 40s, followed her into the computer lab on the third floor. The man opened the door and motioned for one of the female students to come to him.

All six students in the class were female.

The instructor asked what the man wanted, and he said he wanted to join the class. The instructor asked him to leave and the man said, “”All of the girls in this class are pretty and better watch out because something might happen to them,”” and then left, according to reports.

Moments later, the student reporting the incident was in the hallway, and the man followed her. He asked, “”What can I do for you? And what can I do to you?”” according to reports.

An officer was on the east stairwell and the reporting student pointed out the man. The man identified himself verbally but did not have any identification with him.

The officer checked the man’s backpack, in which he found a notebook with the man’s name in it along with math information dated from 2001. There was also a large amount of unopened condoms and a Playboy bunny belt buckle inside.

The man said he went into the building 45 minutes earlier to look for a professor. He denied making any inappropriate comments to any student.

A records check showed the man to have had previous contact with the University of Arizona Police Department. He had no affiliation with the UA.

The man was served the order and told to leave, or he would be arrested.

A man was arrested at the intersection of East University Boulevard and North Euclid Avenue on numerous drug, weapon and traffic charges at 7:20 p.m. Feb. 27.

An officer stopped the man in his car because he had no lamp on his license plate. The man identified himself with an Arizona driver’s license.

A records check showed him to have previous contacts with UAPD regarding narcotics activity and possession of explosives and firearms. It also stated that the man was known to carry a .22-caliber handgun on his person.

While talking to the man, the officer saw what appeared to be a sword in a sheath on the floorboard of the rear passenger area and partially under the driver’s seat.

When asked about the sword, the man said it was for martial arts.

Another officer, who was standing by the front passenger side of the vehicle, said he saw an empty holster on the floorboard of the front passenger area. The officer told the man to get out of the vehicle and that he was being detained for the officers’ safety.

He was handcuffed, and on a consented search of the man, officers found an EMT badge in his left front pocket.

The officer asked the man if there were any weapons in his vehicle, and he said no, adding that the officers could search his car.

They found a magazine with .22-caliber bullets, a plastic bag containing marijuana, two glass pipes, rolling papers, a false driver’s license, a ski mask, gloves and a silencer for a pistol that was found concealed in the car.

The man was also wearing a ballistic vest under his shirt.

The man was charged with prohibited weapon possession, possession/use of a weapon in drug offense, wearing body armor while committing a felony, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, possession of a cancelled/false driver’s license and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit.

He was arrested and booked into Pima County Jail.