Key plays from Arizona football’s victory against Colorado

Amelia McAnear

The Arizona football team’s offensive line celebrates an interception at the game against the University of Colorado Boulder on Saturday, Oct. 1, at Arizona Stadium. The Wildcats would go on to win the game 43-20 and advance their record to 3-2.

The Arizona football team dominantly beat the University of Colorado Boulder Saturday, Oct. 1, in Tucson by a score of 43-20. Here are the plays that brought home a Wildcat win.

Arizona strikes first

Going up 7-0 was crucial in the victory for the Wildcats. Quarterback Jayden de Laura connected with running back Michael Wiley for an 8-yard touchdown pass. Just before this, the Arizona offense ran a double pass play where de Laura quickly completed a backward pass towards the sideline to wide receiver Tetairoa McMillan. McMillan then made his way to the other end of the field and completed a pass to de Laura for the first down which put the Wildcats in position to score. 

Tanner McLachlan’s hurdle

The Arizona offense was driving and made it within the 10-yard-line. De Laura dropped back and completed a pass to tight end Tanner McLachlan, leading him towards the left sideline and the end-zone. As it looked like he would be brought down after a short gain, McLachlan completely hurdles the Colorado defender causing the crowd to go berserk. This momentum boost would lead to de Laura’s second touchdown pass of the night for three yards to wide receiver Jacob Cowing.

RELATED: Jayden de Laura’s 6 touchdown passes lead Arizona past Colorado

Jayden de Laura’s 47-yard completion

The Wildcats were at midfield when de Laura spotted wide receiver Dorian Singer flying up the right sideline. Singer wasn’t very open but de Laura placed the ball perfectly for Singer to make a one-handed catch after battling with the corner the whole route to put the Wildcats at first and goal. This would lead to a 5-yard tip-drill touchdown pass to Singer in the back of the end zone making the score 19-7. The Wildcats would maintain control for the rest of the game and obtain their third win of the season. 

Follow Cole Johnson on Twitter